collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: For the first time in my life I am losing the desire!!!  (Read 11779 times)

Offline Loxton01

For the first time in my life I am losing the desire!!!
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:23:25 PM »
I am 28 and have followed Villa for 25 years of my life having gone to my first game at 3.

I have been home and away im a season ticket holder and have attended all major finals, semis but for the first time in my life tonight i stopped watching a game early. Ok it was only the last 10 mins but am i losing my interest and desire for the club?

Ok were in a bad patch but wheres the hope the bright future.

Yes you should support your club through thick and thin but why what for.... were never going to win anything unless were bought by an arab .... and thats just wrong!!!

I need a rallying call as im in a bad place at the moment

Is anyone else feeling the same?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: For the first time in my life I am losing the desire!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:24:25 PM »
Based on the thread title, i'd suggest having a word with Pele.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:25:27 PM »
I got so fucked off I switched over to Corrie for the Tram Crash (Really crap FX). The only regret I have was that Corrie wasn't an hour longer.

But, we will all keep going back for more punishment. It's what we do.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »
I swear to McGrath, I saw Loxton01 on the post-match thread or somewhere, a few minutes ago, and I said to myself "Hmm! Loxton normally starts a thread when we've had a *really* shit game."

And lo!

;-)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:33:57 PM by Bad English »

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »
I sat watching the game tonight thinking 'what the fuck's the point?' I'm not a ST holder but I've gone to all the home games this season regardless, including the cups. I've been putting off getting a half season ticket simply out of laziness, but I just cannot be arsed to get one. The annoying thing is that in a couple of days I probably will.

Offline myf

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 11:32:42 PM »
I'm currently at the stage of thinking is it worth me putting my two boys through this kind of shit?  My weekends are regularly ruined and there is little hope of winning any silverware in the Sky era.  Football has become an entertainment.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 11:33:52 PM »
I'm currently at the stage of thinking is it worth me putting my two boys through this kind of shit?  My weekends are regularly ruined and there is little hope of winning any silverware in the Sky era.  Football has become an entertainment.

Except when you're watching Villa.

Offline The Charmer

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 11:34:16 PM »
Based on the thread title, i'd suggest having a word with Pele.

First thing that's made me smile this evening.

Offline luke25

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 11:42:06 PM »
Don't all shoot me at once but from a selfish point of view i'd quite like us to get relegated, well maybe like is a strange word in the circumstances but hear me out, Im absolutely bored shitless with the Premier league, a league were the gap between 4th and 5th is more important than the gap between 1st and 2nd, mediocre footballers earning obscene amounts of money and in some cases being seen as celebrities, my old man tells me about Bournemouth etc and he regards those days as his favourite following the club and i'd love to experience some of that, granted if we did go down we could end up finding it difficult like Leeds, Forest, Coventry etc but I reckon a season in the championship were we would have to move on some of the dross on our books, with some new away games, were every team would see us as a huge game would benefit us in the long run, sort of one step back to take two steps forward

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 11:45:47 PM »
I wouldn't love us to be relegated by any stretch but I remember thinking the season Newcastle imploded that they could do with a season or two outside the Premier League. But that was different circumstances - they were massively tainted by the goings-on with Mike Ashley and needed a bit of a clean-up to get their heads together and show the fans they had no divine right to be in the top division. With Villa, there's nothing 'wrong' with the club to warrant a season out of the top flight. It just looks as though we might not have a say in the matter.

Offline villajoy

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 11:50:11 PM »
So completley understand how you feel, but I am fifty next year!!!xx

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
I dunno, I remember feeling a lot worse under O'Leary. The talking down of the club as a whole, 'sugarbags', 'we're an honest bunch of lads', that shoeing we recieved at Arsenal where he was on the pitch afterwards, Doncaster, the letter to the Mail and always referring to himself in the third person.

A proper fucking weirdo.

Offline finnegan

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »
In one hand it's great to see the young lads coming through, but we need a few points, and the hou looks like he's been lobotomised.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 11:57:38 PM »
I dunno, I remember feeling a lot worse under O'Leary. The talking down of the club as a whole, 'sugarbags', 'we're an honest bunch of lads', that shoeing we recieved at Arsenal where he was on the pitch afterwards, Doncaster, the letter to the Mail and always referring to himself in the third person.

A proper fucking weirdo.

I felt worse during the O'Leary years because you never felt like 'okay, we're going to turn a corner now'. It always just felt like we were marking time until he was gone from the club and doing just enough to keep us up. But it's got to the stage now even this early under Houllier where I'm thinking 'Oh shit, we've got West Brom on Saturday.' And that can't be allowed to happen for the rest of the season.

Offline villajoy

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 12:01:42 AM »
Our young lads are brilliant, I have been watching them for years, but we need a proper manager and I dont think it is GH!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal