collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

New Shirt Sponsor by pablo_picasso
[Today at 02:26:25 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Russ aka Big Nose
[Today at 02:24:23 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by OCD
[Today at 02:24:19 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 02:23:51 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by cdward
[Today at 02:18:08 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 02:15:51 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:13:28 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by chrisw1
[Today at 02:05:53 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: vote on GH's era  (Read 20137 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: vote on GH's era
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2010, 04:40:15 PM »
Is sacking a manager after 10 games with an injury list as long as your arm and no opportunity to make signings really the way to go.

Nope

check Martin Jol's results after the first 10 games of the season when Spurs sacked him. They won 1 game ( against Derby).

So we'd be sacking a manager and replacing him with somebody who's most recent record in the premier league is worse?

And Ajax fans really don't like him.

Some people are mad

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2010, 04:44:08 PM »
Is sacking a manager after 10 games with an injury list as long as your arm and no opportunity to make signings really the way to go.

Nope

check Martin Jol's results after the first 10 games of the season when Spurs sacked him. They won 1 game ( against Derby).

So we'd be sacking a manager and replacing him with somebody who's most recent record in the premier league is worse?

Some people are mad

and the size of his head is so massive, we would have to enlarge the dug out at considerable cost,
its even bigger in circumference than Joe Royle's gigantic face

Offline stuart445

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »
You have to question his desire.  From the start he didn't appear to be chomping at the bit did he.  "Serving out his notice with the French FA, not exactly busting a gut to get into his new job was it?  "

I'd like to state now that i'm not for or against Houllier i'm choosing to reserve joudgement until he's got everyone back from injury and time to change to change things in january.

But this quote is stupid as he had no choice as the French Football Federation could of forced him to serve the 3 month notice so he had to keep them sweet, if he hadn't and he'd breached that contract, now i'm no expert but i'd guess the French Football Federation could of taken Houllier to court for breaching that contract. That distration wouldn't be helpful, we've also had a bad start to the season which was caused by o'neil walking out 5 days before and it's not gonna be quick coming back from that, but as i said i'm reserving judgement because of all of those factors.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:21:51 PM by stuart445 »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »

Nope

Some people are mad

and the size of his head is so massive, we would have to enlarge the dug out at considerable cost,
its even bigger in circumference than Joe Royle's gigantic face

Quite right John, and he bears more than a passing resemblance to the rag's "Beau Brummie" bulldog.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »
2 months is not an "era" and I really can't believe some threads here.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »
Maybe we could start a vote in the Memories section on David Unsworth's era as a Villa player.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2010, 09:31:14 PM »
2 months is not an "era" and I really can't believe some threads here.

Me neither. Some people are acting like spoilt kids. The issues are there to be talked about, but some of the stuff that has been banded around is quite unbelievable. If this was a run 2 years down the line, then maybe we should be questioning The Manager, but 2 fecking months for Gods sake.

Offline jay71

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »
no point in sacking him who else is there? lets see wot he buys january

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:20 PM »

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2010, 09:43:03 PM »
You have to question his desire.  From the start he didn't appear to be chomping at the bit did he.  "Serving out his notice with the French FA, not exactly busting a gut to get into his new job was it?  "

I'd like to state now that i'm not for or against Houllier i'm choosing to reserve joudgement until he's got everyone back from injury and time to change to change things in january.

But this quote is stupid as he had no choice as the French Football Federation could of forced him to serve the 3 month notice so he had to keep them sweet, if he hadn't and he'd breached that contract, now i'm no expert but i'd guess the French Football Federation could of taken Houllier to court for breaching that contract. That distration wouldn't be helpful, we've also had a bad start to the season which was caused by o'neil walking out 5 days before and it's not gonna be quick coming back from that, but as i said i'm reserving judgement because of all of those factors.

We are not talking your normal employment procedure here, this is football it doesn't work the same.  So what if they took him to court and he/the club got a fine.  It wouldn't have been mega bucks.  For all his talk about this been the right club for him blah blah I have seen nothing yet that has made me think his heart is really in it and last night proved that point even further. 

I don't want him out just yet as he needs more time but lack lustre  performances like last night combined with his behaviour gives me the feeling that he's not that bothered about the job.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »

We are not talking your normal employment procedure here, this is football it doesn't work the same.  So what if they took him to court and he/the club got a fine.  It wouldn't have been mega bucks.  For all his talk about this been the right club for him blah blah I have seen nothing yet that has made me think his heart is really in it and last night proved that point even further. 

I don't want him out just yet as he needs more time but lack lustre  performances like last night combined with his behaviour gives me the feeling that he's not that bothered about the job.

i think you'll find the employment lawyers will disagree with you regarding the employment procedure, i agree it may be different for a player or managers job but you got to remember his role was more of a office job.

yes it was bad last night but it wasn't 5:0 or 7:1.  Oh and atleast he had to bottle to apologise for his comments which is something o'neil wouldn't have done whether he'd been told to or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal