collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: vote on GH's era  (Read 20149 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: vote on GH's era
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 10:35:10 AM »
It seems a bit extreme and it wont happen but I think we would save ourselves a lot of grief by cutting our losses now.

I'm not being fickle, I never wanted him in the first place. I've been doing my best to keep quiet as I believe everyone deserves a chance etc., but........
I don't think we can be accused of being fickle the comments are there on tape for all to see.Any other football fan of any team would feel the same.He deserves the sack he has turned us into a laughing stock

Some quotes plucked from the Man U post match thread 3 weeks ago at random amongst 300 such posts.

Quote from:

“Really proud of the side today, Houllier deserves a lot of credit for having faith in the youngsters without bleating about the number of injuries”

“Great performance especially in the 2nd half----thought the young guns were superb,Bannan and Supa Marc awesome”

“I am proud of the lad's today they were a joy to watch brilliant.”

“Fucking wonderful, for 30 minutes after half time our yoofs tore Manure a new arsehole, wonderful stuff.”

“It was a performance we can all be proud of.”

“I am feeling the love for the Villa tonight. It is good”

“Extremely proud of the performance today.”

“The future's bright without a doubt ..................”

“I had written this season off before it even started. But now I reckon I was wrong.”

Not fickle? Hot Dog!!!!!
I can deal with the poor performance;but not the lack of respect for my club.If that makes me fickle I don't give a shit

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 10:37:45 AM »
The perfomance against Man U was excellent and was rightly praised. 

Since then performances have been at best mediocre (blackburn and blose) and at worst diabolical (arsenal and last night)

Add to that the comments made and the pathetic body language of our manager last night.

It's no suprise opinions have changed.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 10:43:20 AM »
I've gone for slapped arse and never disrespect the club and fans regardless of how much you 'respect' Liverpool or any other team for that matter (in the unlikely event of us getting back into Europe any time soon I don't want to hear how nice it is to lose to Lyon for example).  I'm still prepared to reserve judgement until we've got our players back from injury and seen what he does in the transfer window. 

The lack of fight and those post-match comments have got me wobbling a bit though.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:02 AM »
The managers in the relegation battle make interesting reading really, especially for those who wanted the likes of Moyes, Grant and Hughes to take us on. Wonder where they would be this season with the injury list Villa have.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »
You have to question his desire.  From the start he didn't appear to be chomping at the bit did he.  Serving out his notice with the French FA, not exactly busting a gut to get into his new job was it? 

I see no hunger in his eyes or no sense of urgency....just a cold man looking clueless as he reminisces fondly of days gone by.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 11:07:29 AM »
Feels like GT mk. 2.

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 11:09:19 AM »
What on earth do you think another manager could do with what he would find here? Most of the blame for the situation in which we find ourselves should be laid at O'Neill's door for the despicable and unprofessional way in which he chose to leave the club, high and dry at the very beginning of the season when every other club would have been assessing the lessons drawn from their pre-season friendlies and settling down to play their first matches.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »
Realistically you can't judge him properly without a transfer window and ideally a close season behind him. But I think he's starting to make a rod for his own (and Randy's) back with some of his PR cock ups and general demeanour. I think he could benefit from the sort of lecture on fan relations that MON presumably got a few times.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 11:17:03 AM »
Feels like GT mk. 2.

Thinking about it this morning, the talking down of the club, the gross insensitivity, the yearning for days (and a club) gone by, he seems to be making the same mistakes as O'Leary.

I can see what he is trying to do on the pitch, and you can not ignore the injury crisis and the time needed to bed in, but these are things he can do little about at the moment.

Touching the Anfield sign, ignoring our fans and waving at the Kop, saying if he has to lose 3-0 he'd prefer it to be Liverpool, suggesting the game was dead after 2 goals and 20 minutes, saying "well done Liverpool" ... all of these are things that he did not have to do, and come after previous episodes which have caused raised eyebrows.

It's a little bit humiliating, and - annoyingly - these are all entirely avoidable things.

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 11:18:07 AM »
its like he was always looking forward to going back to anfield.  so basically lerner is paying that twat all that money so he can touch the fucking anfield sign !!

PRICK !!

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 11:39:03 AM »
Give him a transfer window to sort it out!

...on second thoughts, see:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2379527/Gerard-Houllier-transfer-history.html

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »
What on earth do you think another manager could do with what he would find here? Most of the blame for the situation in which we find ourselves should be laid at O'Neill's door

That argument is slowly losing all credibility.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »
Feels like GT mk. 2.

GT at least loved and respected the club.

Does this geezer?

Offline eastie

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »
Tough to sack him as he hasn't had a fair crack- however his conduct last night was utterly deplorable and he's lost a lot of the fans which spells trouble.

It takes a brave man to admit he was wrong as spurs did with ramos and Pompey did with perrin , but in the light of jols availability I would not be adverse to seeing jol as manager and houllier as director of football, if the board have doubts about houllier they must act before januarys transfer window.

Until yesterday I was fully behind him but I find his behaviour last night hard to tolerate in all honesty and it leaves a nasty taste.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »
No wonder D'ohleary called us all fickle.

^ This .. 

He should be brought to task regarding tthe "issues" on and off the pitch, but for Gods sake, we ain't Newcastle

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal