collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Not happy, M. Houllier  (Read 64998 times)

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
Re: Not happy, M. Houllier
« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
I picked the wrong week to quit freebasing

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: Not happy, M. Houllier
« Reply #286 on: December 10, 2010, 07:53:21 AM »
First comment from me on all of this...I think it was what we needed. Monday has been a wake up call for everyone in so many ways. Firstly the result, simply not good enough and the players will know it from the half-time reaction and the chants from the crowd.

More importantly a big wake up call for GH. The honeymoon period is over. This will translate to the players and he will now be working them hard and focussing them like never before so their honeymoon with him will be over (apart from Carew, who never had one). This will have snapped him out of that nice and happy mode he has been in since his job at the French FA. Also we will hear less about his Liverpool glory and he knows his reputation in England rests now on his performance for Aston Villa.

All this needed to happen. Instead of it happening over a couple of months it should now happen in a week. I will say I think Houllier is a good manager (better than MON in MY opinion) and I think he will now prove it. His pride will have been dented and I am sure he will come out fighting.

Now I am expecting a powerful performance on Saturday. I think the lion on our crest will start to roar again!

Thats the spirit, we need to come out fighting.

Bloody Optimists :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal