collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Stanley Park New Scouse Stadium  (Read 9089 times)

Online Chris Harte

Re: 0% Villa - Stanley Park New Scouse Stadium
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 10:38:40 PM »
How many Villa fans would be happy about plans to build a stadium to incorporate Blues and Villa?
This is what occurred to me when I saw the thread title.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 10:49:19 PM »
How many Villa fans would be happy about plans to build a stadium to incorporate Blues and Villa?

If that ever happened (which it won't) then I will never step foot in it.  Wouldn't be the only one either.
This is what occurred to me when I saw the thread title.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:10:52 PM by Holtenderinthesky »

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 11:24:43 PM »
I'm probably on my own here but if we needed to leave Villa Park and the Blues needed to leave the Sty then I would like us to share a ground.  You'd effectively be getting it half price.

It's not as if the new ground would have any identity from day one anyway.  This is something that is developed over time.

The location of said stadium would be a nightmare and we don't need to leave Villa Park so it doesn't really matter.

With Everton and Liverpool they live next door to each other and both need new stadiums so to me it is logical.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 11:34:53 PM »
I'm probably on my own here but if we needed to leave Villa Park and the Blues needed to leave the Sty then I would like us to share a ground.  You'd effectively be getting it half price.

What does the price have to do with our history and tradition?  Would you really like to us to share a ground with that lot?  I wouldn't want to share a ground with anyone ever but with Small Heath?  To save money?  Let's hope that never becomes an issue.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 11:54:33 PM »
By moving ground we'd effectively be changing our history anyway.  By sharing the ground we'd be able to build a bigger and better stadium.  Wouldn't that be a good thing?

Don't get me wrong its not something I want but hypothetically speaking I would not dismiss the idea in it's entirety.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 12:04:59 AM »
Policing a derby at a ground shared by Villa & Blose would be impossible. No way would we ground share with them.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 12:27:42 AM »
Policing a derby at a ground shared by Villa & Blose would be impossible. No way would we ground share with them.
This might seem like a silly question, but why would it be any different to how it is now?

The 'away' fans would be in the away end and would presumably be policed as if they were in the away end of Villa Park or St. Andrews, no?

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 12:39:49 AM »
Apart from the toilets we also have the issues that the lot down the road like to smash up their own ground and also ours so they will have no problem wrecking the place every week if we ground shared as it will be a knock against us as we would be home the following week.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 07:55:24 AM »
Apart from the toilets we also have the issues that the lot down the road like to smash up their own ground and also ours so they will have no problem wrecking the place every week if we ground shared as it will be a knock against us as we would be home the following week.

So do I take it that Spurs had no seats or toilets on Saturday? I have to admit I was wondering how easy it would have been to replace all those seats in a couple of days but I am guessing that they did it - and that the toilets were fixed too. The OP refers to a red and and a blue end of the ground in Liverpool anyway.

Everton/Liverpool is very different to Villa/Blues. I think Everton were actually the original inhabitants of Anfield before moving across the park (I may have made that up because I have no idea where I heard that - but anyway - the 2 grounds are very close), yet current plans have Liverpool taking over Stanley Park whilst Everton still search for a home somewhere miles away. A shared ground would be very close to where both Goodison and Anfield are now. The stadium would be built with the blue end on the side of the park where Goodison now is, and the red end facing the old Anfield. The "home for neither" might apply anywhere else, but here it is Everton's best bet for getting a ground that still holds some of their history. Liverpool are sitting pretty in the current situation because they've got Stanley Park so of course they'll tell Everton to forget it. However, the longer Liverpool don't have the money to build it, whilst their competitiors pull in more money to compete with in their bigger grounds, the more likely this becomes.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 08:15:40 AM »
I wonder how they do it in Milan.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 08:20:48 AM »

So do I take it that Spurs had no seats or toilets on Saturday? I have to admit I was wondering how easy it would have been to replace all those seats in a couple of days but I am guessing that they did it - and that the toilets were fixed too. The OP refers to a red and and a blue end of the ground in Liverpool anyway.

I'm not saying they wouldn't have been fixed before the next match but it could be expensive. Even with a Villa and Blues home end there would be some sharing of seats otherwise the stadium would be half empty most weeks as we wouldn't give other away fans half the stadium.

But they smashed up their ground when they got relegated and were lobbing bits of it at coppers last week after they won so they have no qualms about wrecking a shared joint.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 08:26:47 AM »
Not that I'd be in favour of it ever happening but surely the way to avoid churlish stuff like the bogs being wrecked is to have a Holte End behind one goal, a Tilton behind the other, and the two stands down the sides have two pairs of concourses underneath - one for each club, with their own branding, bars and bogs - with Villa's concourse closed off when the filth have a home game and vice-versa.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »

Raises hand.

Fine by me

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 09:30:03 AM »
No way would i want to share with them i love us being at Villa Park and i guess Liverpool and Everton feel the same about sharing they want there own stadiums.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 09:31:18 AM »
It would be fine by me.

But I'd hope they could include retractable stands, so when they're at home they can put one or two away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal