collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:08:40 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:06:25 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sorry  (Read 17399 times)

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Sorry
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 11:19:56 AM »
Or depoly Nova 6.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 11:22:50 AM »
One of my questions will be (hopefully before the alcohol has set in) 'could it not have been moved to a Sunday morning, with whatever weekend fixture we would have had scheduled being moved to last night'?  In our case Liverpool Away, in theirs Spuds Home.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 11:24:33 AM »
Bill thanks for coming on this site and showing that you are a proper "football" fan. I, like you, go through all the banter with my nose mates and it is all part of the cities rivalry. But when it comes to the actions of last night it becomes a disgrace.  Good luck ................. 

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »
Isn't that just so refreshing? I too remember the days when blokes would watch Villa one Saturday and Blues the next. Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to put that up on our site. As others have said, we have just as many knob-heads as you. Yours probably had more time to imbibe those fruit juice flavoured vodka drinks that remind them of the juices that Mom used to give them when they were little.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 01:32:07 PM »
Bill good post.
I am one of those who thinks that both Villa and City should by up there vying for Champions League place. Our City deserves that and no way London and Manchester should be better than us. So it with great sadness that we see the name of Birmingham dragged into mud by our own citizens.  These idiots are NOT football supporters because if they were they would have realised the immense satisfaction and pride of beating the Villa and marching in the Semi final of a major cup. There is no better feeling and if Villa had won last night I would have cherished that moment rather than spoil it.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »
Does football help itself though, segregating citizens of the same city from each other, like caged animals, riot police and dogs patrolling the stands and streets, it makes it all seem so much more menacing for me.  Closing streets/pubs/early kick offs/choppers etc bigs it up so much so that trouble is almost inevitable.  Would a more low key approach help, sadly I fear not.  The Welsh/Scottish cant stand the English but sit with them at the Rugby and dont try to smash each others heads in.  It's so tribalistic separating the fans, and most of the trouble makers only give it the bigun when they're with hundreds of their own side, would they be so hard if they didn't know who the people sat near them supported?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 01:53:36 PM »
Bill good post.
I am one of those who thinks that both Villa and City should by up there vying for Champions League place. Our City deserves that and no way London and Manchester should be better than us. So it with great sadness that we see the name of Birmingham dragged into mud by our own citizens.  These idiots are NOT football supporters because if they were they would have realised the immense satisfaction and pride of beating the Villa and marching in the Semi final of a major cup. There is no better feeling and if Villa had won last night I would have cherished that moment rather than spoil it.

I am sorry but I draw the line on believing they should be vying for a Champions League place.  I hate them, want them to lose every fixture except if it does us a favour and if we never play them again it will 20 years too soon.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »
Nice to hear from you Bill. Look after yourself and have a top Christmas!

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 07:10:52 PM »
Fair play to Bill for the post, good to hear there are decent noses out there!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 07:12:22 PM »
Somebody must have fed Sheldon after midnight.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »
To the Bluesnoses on this forum. What do you think the Club stewards are like ? Should the Club do more to stop this hatred of Aston Villa and do more to stop violence.

Just interested to know what do you think.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »
One of my questions will be (hopefully before the alcohol has set in) 'could it not have been moved to a Sunday morning, with whatever weekend fixture we would have had scheduled being moved to last night'?  In our case Liverpool Away, in theirs Spuds Home.

Liverpool were in Europe so we couldn't have played them this midweek. We couldn't have moved last week's fixtures forwards either as Arsenal were in Europe last midweek.

Offline Willie Anderson

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 08:17:24 PM »
Last time I went to the Sty all the stewards were welsh, the bulk of them from Cardiff, I am assuming their own stewards cannot be trusted to be completely impartial or fear for their own safety amongst the Villa fans

Offline sheldon nose

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 08:28:26 PM »
erm can we all stop praising bill please....im the only welcome nose on here.... ;) ;)..

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 08:30:32 PM »
Would it be possible for the non-violent minority to hold up a massive banner at the next Blues game saying "BLUES AGAINST HOOLIGANISM" or some such thing?

I think a lot of fans see themselves as upholding club pride by behaving like pricks to opposing fans, would be nice for them to see that most of their own fans can't stand them.

If Blues do this against Spurs I see no reason why Villa can't do similarly against Albion in our next home game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal