collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this fair?  (Read 14454 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Is this fair?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 06:00:22 PM »
I'm not going to judge Houllier on an injury ravaged team that he took over after the season had started.  He's doing the best with what he inherited.

I agree.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 06:01:12 PM »
this is a new one, posting over what some other poster has posted on another website!

My mate told me about it, I just wondered what the good folk of H&V thought, My point was it is harsh what he said or does he have a point, I personally thought he was being rude but as Maz said it was about 20% accurate and 80% bollocks!!

You can't judge GH yet and I will never ever call Mon's name and I doubt anyone would.

I have also read blogs on other sites saying Houllier needs sacking, I think they are bonkers also

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »
I couldn't be bothered to read it all. Sorry.

Neither could I but surely....

I'm not going to judge Houllier on an injury ravaged team that he took over after the season had started.  He's doing the best with what he inherited.

This is the bottom line, isn't it?

That is the bottom line.

Offline olofmilosevic

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »
what a wanker

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »
What an idiot.

As for his post here what I think to his moans.

1. Coyle has taken nearly a year to get settled.

2. Arsenel played their first 11 bar fabregas, Vermaleen

3. Errrr we'd drop Pires for Albrighton.

4. How can we play the way we did under Oneil if Milner has gone and half his first team are injured.

5. Gerrard has admitted we need to strengthen.

6. We never got Bent because Oneil was a dick in the transfer Market.

And finally show abit of respect to Randy for goodness sake.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 06:37:40 PM »
"I wasn't an MON fan but..." is the new "I'm not racist but...."

No it's not. Racist apologists are ******. MON apologists are Villa fans with a different opinion to me.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »
I read it and thought he made a few good points. I then read it again and decided most of it was just ranting crap.

He has a point regarding the defence i suppose, Dunne and Collins are nowhere near as good as they were last season and his decision to drop Cuellar after the Wolves game puzzled me. Other than that, the injuries certinaly have'nt helped what's he's trying to do and the second half against Man Utd showed what can be achevieved.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 06:40:57 PM »
What an idiot.

As for his post here what I think to his moans.

1. Coyle has taken nearly a year to get settled.

2. Arsenel played their first 11 bar fabregas, Vermaleen

3. Errrr we'd drop Pires for Albrighton.

4. How can we play the way we did under Oneil if Milner has gone and half his first team are injured.

5. Gerrard has admitted we need to strengthen.

6. We never got Bent because Oneil was a dick in the transfer Market.

And finally show abit of respect to Randy for goodness sake.

This and the General too! , I do think the General sometimes says what we want to hear (just an opinion) but were lucky to be able to but I think some people speak to him like shit

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »
Reads like complete bollocks to me, top to bottom.

Starts of with calling the General Gen and then disintegrates from there at a rate of knots.

If our CB's were getting caught in possession all the time trying elaborate Beckenbauer style passes he might have a point.  Or if our defence was having to cope with far more than usual as the midfield offered no resistance he might be onto something. But they're not having to deal with far more. They're just failing to deal with what little they do face.
In particular: the games when we've been on top for long spells, Stoke, Sunderland, Fulham, Man U. We probably should have won all of those games. 

Thing is Collins can actually pass too, at least the Collins of last year. But they're not getting caught out doing that. They're getting caught out doing the basic things defenders should be doing, namely reading the play to intercept the ball, failing to clear crosses and all the rest of it.

Offline glasses

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 11:04:36 PM »
I think the guy on VT has summed up quite a few of my own thoughts, and done so in a very mature and well worded manner.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 11:39:45 PM »
If our CB's were getting caught in possession all the time trying elaborate Beckenbauer style passes he might have a point. 

Good, erm, point!

Offline peter w

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 03:45:10 PM »
I don't think there is any merit in the original post. By the indignation that someone hasn't been respectful to the chairman and a board director? There still seems to be a cross between being star struck with one of them being on here and the fear that they may leave if we aren't always cosying up to them.

Tht are board members. Here for their interests first and foremost. They still should be held to account for what happened post0-MON during the transfer window that closed without them moving to get someone in to get players in and allowing this poor season to begin so badly. Yes, MON takes the vast majority of the blame but so do they.

They have done brilliantly so far but close ranks when Randy is criticised and return venom to anyone that dares criticise. They use this board as a mouthpiece for the press, and it irks me that we still have posters saying that we should show 'Respect' for Randy. He's been great for us so far but why do we need to doff our caps as that is the overriding feeling from those who post that nonsense.

Yeah, I know you've heard me rant about this before, and I know I'm in a minority but there you go.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »
Gen? Fucking Gen? What a pillock.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 03:55:19 PM »
What does have a hint of truth is our injury situation.

Of the side on Saturday Gabby, Albrighton and Reo-Coker would definitely come back in - after that no-one really.

Admittedly our bench would be much stronger - the point is we are a less disciplined and organised side generally at the moment than we were under O'Neill.

Petrov, Heskey and Cuellar would all be there or thereabouts.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 03:57:38 PM »

He's doing his best, whether that is "the best" only time will tell.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal