collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this fair?  (Read 14453 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Is this fair?
« on: November 30, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
My mate sent me this from Villa talk. Someone having a go at the general, Seemed a bit harsh to me..Or is it?

Sorry Gen but I dont agree - if Houllier is trying to be a Chess master he is clearly failing.

Don't get me wrong - I can see what he is attempting to do - ie: make us a better passing side, and as with the team that destroyed us today - attempt to keep the ball for long periods.

However, you can't win the Formula 1 Championship or NASCAR series driving a 48 tonne truck !

He doesn't have the players to do that General ! - in time, he may buy them, but you cannot get Richard Dunne and James Collins to suddenly become Bobby Moore.

Thus, he has, in the space of three months took what was a no-nonsense solid defence (what I would call an old fashioned "you don't score from row Z" defence) to an utter shambles !

And lo-and-behold - we are fighting relegation.

Now, lets take for example Owen Coyle - who played a passing, very attractive style at Burnley that even in the Championship were beating the likes of Spurs and Man U !.

He went to Bolton and took over the masters of Hoof ball - but has he tried turning Kevin Davies into Ronaldo ? - has he tried to turn Gary Cahill into Paulo Maldini - has he heck !

He has played to Bolton's strengths whilst he slowly buys his own players so he can change it gradually.

Sorry General - I've said it before, I am now sick of the spin - I want action. And it is sodding obvious what the Villa have needed for 4 yrs, and for 4 yrs you have said "MON sees what you see" "Gerard sees what you see" and now above "Randy sees what you see"

So one question

If you can all see it - why haven't you done something about it ?

and I know I am like a stuck record but I will say it until it sinks in - and if you don't know what I mean - look it up.

The non-signing on Darren Bent was our Juninho moment

Our chance for 10 yrs has gone !

You know - I was no Martin O'Neill lover - but I am absolutely amazed his name has not been chanted at Villa Park yet - lose Wednesday and I will guarentee it will be next game !

Oh Gen - before I forget - injuries ?

Weren't Arsenal missing Fabregas, Van Persie, Walcott, Vermaalen, Diaby, Eboue today, so please don't use our injuries as an excuse for today ! Lets face it, even with a fully fit squad, the only players we would have had back in the line up today was Gabby, NRC and maybe Petrov (however that one has to be debated as Clark and Bannan would surely stake a claim to that spot at the moment)

Oh and if you say Albrighton - so who you gonna drop - Ashley Young ? - apparently the manager thinks he is worth 80 million !

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: Is this fair?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:54:36 PM »
I got as far as 'fighting relegation' and 'Owen Coyle' (flavour of the month for any supporter who is pissed off) and gave up.

Bottom line is that we're missing a shed load of players and judgement can not be made until we're up to speed with returning players and a couple of new ones chosen by Houllier.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 04:02:59 PM by 8 Ace Fletcher »

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:58:58 PM »
there are some valid points hidden in there...

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 04:00:49 PM »

Deeply.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:02:08 PM »
That poster says 'He's amazed that MON's name has not been chanted at Villa Park yet'
Truly delirious.

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 04:04:38 PM »
We've not signed lots of players, why does Darren Bent get a special mention.

At least Juninho got to meet Doug.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 04:04:49 PM »
"I wasn't an MON fan but..." is the new "I'm not racist but...."

Offline rutski

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »
this is a new one, posting over what some other poster has posted on another website!

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »
Yes its 20% fair enough whinge and 80% utter bollocks.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 04:07:11 PM »
It's truly a rant of the not much thought attached variety.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 04:08:16 PM »
No, it's an absolute load of toss.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 04:09:48 PM »

Deeply.
dont get me wrong, i dont agree with all of it, and there is some real nonsense in there (calling o'neills name? do me a favour...), but there are some valid points in there...

the whoever is in charge "sees what we see" comment for example... that was the case for 3 years under o'neill, yet naff all was done about certain things...

the fact that our defence has turned from one of the best to one of the worst, is another valid point... an obvious point, but a valid one nonetheless...

however, given that houllier hasnt had the chance to make his own player changes has been overlooked by the poster, does sort of make the whole context of the comments, a little premature...

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »
You can't blame the board for what O'Neill didn't want to do. Their biggest mistake was to give him too much power.

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 04:16:03 PM »
You know - I was no Martin O'Neill lover - but I am absolutely amazed his name has not been chanted at Villa Park yet - lose Wednesday and I will guarentee it will be next game !
 !

Drug addicts..........................ps guarentee   2/10  see me

Offline Merv

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 04:16:35 PM »
It's not an unreasonable post, but he shoots his own argument down by citing Owen Coyle. Because Coyle has changed Bolton's style, in just a few months, using almost entirely the same squad that was playing such poor football under Gary Megson. Hardly any Coyle signings in that team.

I don't think our defence is shaky suddenly because we're trying to play a neater style of football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal