collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The wide men  (Read 12129 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: The wide men
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »
Luke Young and James Collins should still be part of our long term plans.
It might surprise a few that Collins is still only 27. He looks (and moves) like a player 35+

Warnock and Dunne should be concerned. A player or two signed this Jan could provide the competition and kick up the arse that pair need.

Shawcross has been mentioned and I like the sound of that. Might have a job prising him away from Stoke but if we see the position as a priority we shouldn't be scared at paying the kind of price it would take to secure him -or anyone else- for what is a key role in the side.

I also like the look of Taiwo at Marseille. 6ft+, built like a brick outhouse and has a booming left foot shot on him. Usually plays left back but can play Left sided CB and wide left.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: The wide men
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2010, 02:18:47 PM »
Tottenham seem to be disproving the theory that 4-4-2 is dead, and with the strength we have in the wide areas they are a side we should be trying to emulate, it's not like their full backs are particularly strong, and they haven't got their first choice centre halves fit at present either.

I don't think VDV could ever be considered a striker in a traditional 442.

In addition, they employ Modric and a destroyer (Palacious/The Hud/Jenas) as holding players.  Despite Modric being considered an attacking player yet he sits very deep in their team, kind of in the quarterback position Mazrim referred to.

In my opinion their formation is a 4411, similar to us when young plays behind the striker.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal