collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Influences on success  (Read 2839 times)

Offline statto17

Influences on success
« on: November 28, 2010, 09:25:19 PM »
I am currently doing a project on football for my A levels researching what factors influence Premier League football club's successes. I would appreciate it if you have the time, to answer my short question as this would be a big help to my project.

What do you think is the most important factor that influence Premier League football clubs' success? (Rank 1-3 of most importance: 1-Most important, 3- Least important):

A:Financial Backing,    B:Stability in players,    C:Stability in Management.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Offline steffo

Re: Influences on success
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 09:45:24 PM »
C is dependent on A where B is dependent A

Currently where A has the $ B will do as they want.

C will be sacrificed for A

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 09:47:53 PM »
1A 2C 3B

Have you read Pay to Play or Why England Lose?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:53:37 PM »
1. A

2. C

3. B

Offline pauly1_4

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 08:05:29 AM »
Hi,

1) C

2) A

3) B

If you look historically at success of clubs, the managment is nearly always the constant (with the obvious exception of the big clubs in Spain) The spanner in the works is that if you are achieving success, the manager will stay - the finanical backing  does need to be there! Although we all have players that we like, none of them are bigger than the club.

UTV

Offline peter w

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »
I am currently doing a project on football for my A levels researching what factors influence Premier League football club's successes. I would appreciate it if you have the time, to answer my short question as this would be a big help to my project.

What do you think is the most important factor that influence Premier League football clubs' success? (Rank 1-3 of most importance: 1-Most important, 3- Least important):

A:Financial Backing,    B:Stability in players,    C:Stability in Management.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

All are important but I think you need to emphasise that the financial influence is more prominent during the Premier League than it was pre-1993. So because of that reason A is the most important. But that is only a starting point because you need to build a team and from there.

Stability in players is next and it dpeneds then what you mean by success. At Real madrid you have less stability from the managerial role and they still have relative success. Winning the league isn't enough for them and to a point neither is winning the CL. Its how they do it and how they do in relation to Barcelona.

But as for the PL it is different. If you change the manager too often then it upsets the direction of a team as the manager will want his own players in. Changing the players too often will mean you will not have a settled team. The final ingredient you need is luck which plays a huge part in any team's success.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal