collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The General C. Krulak Thread XVII  (Read 80183 times)

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Re: The General C. Krulak Thread XVII
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »
Hello General,just a quick question.Why do I get bodysearched everytime I come to VP.I don't get searched anywhere else (apart from flying for obvious reasons).

Oh we do.  We get our bags searched at virtually every ground and a lot of grounds do body searches.

My apologies for replying to a question to the General.
I bet most home fans don't. I have a S/T in the North Lower, when I have been in the Doug Ellis or The Trinity I have not been searched. Do these searches go on all over VP or just for the North Stand Lower?

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 01:59:27 PM »
bigad82, no we don't get body searched in the Trinity although we do have any bags we have with us searched.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »
bigad82, no we don't get body searched in the Trinity although we do have any bags we have with us searched.
Thanks for that villajk, so it's looks like it's the people in the cheap seats that get searched then. I wonder why that is then?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 02:16:32 PM »

And you can't take a bottle in with the top on, but a metal flask of hot coffee is fine !!!

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 02:28:54 PM »
That's true TimTheVillain, and again, all grounds have the same rule.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, General.

I do have a question actually.  We go in the Holte Suite before the game and some women regularly come in collecting for a Children's Charity.

Surely as we are associated with Acorns  any such collections should be for Acorns and not any other, vague, charity?

I think people put money in the collection tins thinking it is going to Acorns.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 03:51:36 PM »
Speaking of getting searched and bags getting searched... why is it that you have to take a small plastic top off a plastic bottle? It's one of the most strangest things I've ever have to do, do Health and Safety really think a tiny plastic cap is going to injure someone if a person throws it? I see a man who's allowed to bring his metal flask into the ground which could REALLY injure someone. I find that rule very odd and genuinely would like to know the answer to.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »
Just take the lid off and put it in your pocket/sock before you go in.

Offline villa1

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2010, 04:25:27 PM »
Tim, i think it's more to do with the fact that the whole bottle can be used as a missile with the top on, rather than just the top. I'd have thought that was fairly obvious but hey ho.

Probably get searched in the North because you're next to the away fans. I never get searched in the Holte.

Sorry to answer on your behalf General. May save you having to do so.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
Tim, i think it's more to do with the fact that the whole bottle can be used as a missile with the top on, rather than just the top. I'd have thought that was fairly obvious but hey ho.

Probably get searched in the North because you're next to the away fans. I never get searched in the Holte.

Last time there was coin throwing it came from the Trinity.We can't spare the coins in the North.

Offline The Situation

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »

What about a much more heavy metal flask which contains very hot liquid which could cause serious injury? Just seems silly I think. If people really wanted to throw missiles they'd just use an empty beer bottle.

Offline villa1

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2010, 05:21:59 PM »
I should imagine the type of person who takes a flask to a match, such as my mom, is not too likely to be the type to throw it.

Are the beer bottles not plastic in your stand?

Sorry mods. I'll stop hijacking now.

Offline The Situation

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 05:28:22 PM »
I should imagine the type of person who takes a flask to a match, such as my mom, is not too likely to be the type to throw it.

Are the beer bottles not plastic in your stand?

Sorry mods. I'll stop hijacking now.
That's not the point though, if they're gonna make rules it should be made fair for everyone. What about if a younger person brought a flask into the ground?

I have seen glass beer bottles in the concourse of the North Stand, I don't drink so I don't know what the norm is of how they serve them.

Sorry for the thread jacking too, just was wondering about something when the whole searching/flask/bottle discussion was brought up.

Online aldridgeboy

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »
General,
further to the above re searching can I ask what the purpose of the search actually is?Is it for alcohol o for weapons or a bit of both? Its just that the search is so superficial it would be easy to get either in anyway should people wish. Whenever I have gone through the turnstile over the last few years I get at best a quick pat of my coat pockets and an even quicker one of my back.
I dont mind being searched at all it just I dont really see the point?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 06:32:42 PM »
At the moment I think they're searching for anyone bringing their own football boots into the stadium - he would be rushed to the changing room immediately  ;)

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 06:34:39 PM »
I had my flask in my bag on saturday, I am 40, and didn't get searched in the north stand. Not sure how many plastic bottle related crimes we had before we banned the bottle tops, me being cynical thinks it's more to do with flogging over priced drinks in the ground.

It's like going to the cricket and being banned from taking alcohol in but you can drink yourself to death at £4 a pint.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal