collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The General C. Krulak Thread XVII  (Read 80180 times)

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Re: The General C. Krulak Thread XVII
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »
Hi General.

First the big screen has been taken away from the north stand and now the time has been taken away on the mini scoreboard.

I sit in the holte upper and currently hear nothing through the tannoys, cannot see any replay's because of the screen taken away and now I do not know what minute it is as the mini scoreboard no longer shows the timing.

Please can you look in to it for me, thank you.

Offline rutski

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
Hi General.

First the big screen has been taken away from the north stand and now the time has been taken away on the mini scoreboard.

I sit in the holte upper and currently hear nothing through the tannoys, cannot see any replay's because of the screen taken away and now I do not know what minute it is as the mini scoreboard no longer shows the timing.

could you see how shit we were in the first half gibbo and how bereft of players we are, or were you just moaning about the scoreboard?
Feck the scoreboard, we are in big shit as a club! The general needs to be asked what action is to be taken!!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:07:44 PM by rutski »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 08:41:28 PM »
Hi General.

could you see how shit we were in the first half gibbo and how bereft of players we are, or were you just moaning about the scoreboard?
Feck the scoreboard, we are in big shit as a club! The general needs to be asked what action is to be taken!!

And you know as well as everyone else that he does not, and will not, answer questions about playing matters.

Offline ckrulak

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 09:33:31 PM »
General Krulak here:

1.  First and foremost, I did see the game today and so did Randy.  It was not our best outing...certainly in the first half.  I will not make any excuses because that doesn't help the situation.  You all know where we are with the Squad and we simply must live with the situation until lads get healthy.  I also recognize that there are MANY concerned fans out there...who see relegation staring us in the face.  I am not one of those.  We still have a lot of the season ahead and lads that will be coming back to the squad soon.  I am not about to throw in the towel and start worrying about what happens if we are relegated because I just do NOT think that is going to happen.

2.  For those who wonder about Randy's support of the Club....I have made it clear on multiple occasions, he has always supported the Club.  One need only look at the money he has put into players to realize that he has supported the Club. 

3.  We are in a tough time...we recognize that fact.  As they use to say in the old west, "it ain't purity" right now!  But we have a long way to go and we have a squad that, when healthy, can do great things.  We also have an opportunity to strengthen the squad.  Right now the best thing we can do is get behind GH and the lads and support them to the fullest.  I am not being a pollyanna....but I am also not ready to give up.  It just isn't in me to throw in the towel.

4.  The walshmeister:  I will be spending Christmas with my children and grandchildren.  We have looked at our training regime.

5.  Alandare:  Ground development..or stadium development?  We have already indicated that we will be working on the N. stand in the future.

6.  I try to make it to at least one or two games a month and yes, I have been in the Upper Holte...I have been in all the stands.

7.  cdvillafan:  As I have said many times before, the big screen will be back after renovation.

8.  Timthevillan:  Yes, Randy is at almost every game...home and away.  The only time he is not at a game is if there is a family event he needs to be at or if the timing is off with the Browns.  When that happens, he alternates between the two.  It rarely happens.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »
Not a question but can I say respect to you General coming on this forum giving us your views at what is at best a difficult time for the club. Thanks.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
General
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 10:29:59 PM »
General,

I never asked about the big screen!

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »
Hi General.

Just an idea. look at your watch or mobile phone at kick off. Then you count the minutes gone...

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 12:09:28 AM »
I came on here to ask the general to make a small enquiry to change a mini scoreboard back to showing the scores and timing.

Why do people feel the need to respond unconstructavly?

This thread is for questions to the General, cheers.

Offline Tony

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 12:15:40 AM »
Hi General Krulak, given the undoubted strength of our academy, are there plans to increase investment at that level? I'd rather we nurtured players rather than paid wads to people who are happy to sit on the subs bench.

Offline Tony

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 12:24:31 AM »
I came on here to ask the general to make a small enquiry to change a mini scoreboard back to showing the scores and timing.

It was a fair question, I was straining my neck to look at the time on the other scoreboard from The Holte.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 11:52:52 AM »

It was a fair question, I was straining my neck to look at the time on the other scoreboard from The Holte.

Same here.  And because I'm particular like that, I thought the old display just looked more classy over the big, brash view we had yesterday.

Offline CambsVilla

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 12:22:25 PM »
Hi General,

A previously asked question - sorry to go on about it....

You said a while back that there was an ongoing discussion about the shelf life of the new shirt. Has a descision been made yet?
I am still reluctant to buy a shirt at full price which will be out of date by May.
If we are to have another change for next season,then I will probably just wait for the clearance sale and get this one cheaper.

Cheers.

Lower Holte TT74

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »
Hello General,just a quick question.Why do I get bodysearched everytime I come to VP.I don't get searched anywhere else (apart from flying for obvious reasons).

Offline eastie

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 01:23:59 PM »
3.  We are in a tough time...we recognize that fact.  As they use to say in the old west, "it ain't purity" right now!  But we have a long way to go and we have a squad that, when healthy, can do great things.

thanks for your input general, but i disagree when fit that we have a squad that can do great things , i believe we have a manager who can take us further than o neill did but i feel the board will have to realise the squad o neill left behind is not really that good without milner and we will need to invest heavily to address this.

I may have missed your reply but has a decision been taken on the longevity of the new kit as to whether it will be till the season ends or include next season ?

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 01:40:25 PM »
Hello General,just a quick question.Why do I get bodysearched everytime I come to VP.I don't get searched anywhere else (apart from flying for obvious reasons).

Oh we do.  We get our bags searched at virtually every ground and a lot of grounds do body searches.

My apologies for replying to a question to the General.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal