collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A Ship Without A Rudder  (Read 28882 times)

Offline Damo70

A Ship Without A Rudder
« on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:15 PM »
I'd rather have a bit of  fun on the off topics, but as a Martin O' Neill fan I have to say to all of those who wanted him out - are we better off without him? Will we be better off without him in a year? I'm betting that those who were fed up finishing in the top six will have their way, because I don't think we will be there again soon. If certain people thought he was too powerfull at the club, well he's gone now so you can speak up and tell us the big plan for the future. Mr Lerner, Mr Faulkner, Mr Houllier???

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: A Ship Without A Rudder
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »
He resigned, you know.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 08:49:11 PM »
I guess the "big plan" is to have everybody from the chairman through the manager and coaching staff to the players all pulling in the same direction.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »
And not walking away just as you're about to set sail taking with you the rudder, sails, mast, oars and anchor.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 08:51:58 PM »
I'd rather have a bit of  fun on the off topics, but as a Martin O' Neill fan I have to say to all of those who wanted him out - are we better off without him? Will we be better off without him in a year? I'm betting that those who were fed up finishing in the top six will have their way, because I don't think we will be there again soon. If certain people thought he was too powerfull at the club, well he's gone now so you can speak up and tell us the big plan for the future. Mr Lerner, Mr Faulkner, Mr Houllier???

Don't feed the troll. Don't feed the troll, don't feed the troll.

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »
I'm guessing MON was one of those who always got sea sick, regardless of what pills he popped beforehand. No stomach for the journey ahead.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 09:00:10 PM »
You're a MON fan and that's swell.

But I'm an Aston Villa fan so I have no interest in the man as he's no longer connected with the club I support.

Will your support extend to his new club too?  Good luck with that. We'd miss you, no question. But we'd probably muddle through somehow.

The way he left us could have far reaching repercussions for years, it's true - another mark against the man in my book.  And why I find it odd that you say you're a fan of the bloke.

But each to his own.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 09:02:44 PM »
I think MON is probably looking at how the league is shaping this season and really, really regretting it.

If he was still in charge I honestly believe we'd be top 4/5 right now. OK, so the football might not have been as good as it has been on occasions this season (of which there have been some real good moments), but I think he would have got us the results, as he usually did (his points tallys don't lie, regardless of performances).

If he'd have given it another season, I think he could've surpised himself with how far the team could've gone without any real additions (though obviously some would've helped).

Not that I'm pineing for him back, he's gone and we now have Houllier, under who we have played some good football, it's just an opinion.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »
I liked him, i thought he did a decent job and yes, he had his faults. I agree he could'nt have walked out at a worse time, but i'll always appreciate the job he did. How far he would have taken us though is another matter.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 09:16:54 PM »
Last season we lost 5 away from home in total. So far this season we've already lost 4. Yes he was wrong to walk out when he did but you can't dispute the facts of the contual top 6 finishes and wembley appearances. I remember many wanting MON to go were the same people who were asking for Mourinho, Jol and Hiddink to replace him. I wonder if they've sobered up yet. I don't blame GH he's doing what he can with the cards he's been dealt however the team is going backwards quickly. Is everyone happy now?!

Offline luke25

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
The ship was sailing steadily with Captain MON steering it, however the journey was just so dull, the sea was gentle and the scenery was the same mile after mile, now under Captain Hotlips its alot more dangerous, having to dodge icebergs and waterfalls, the sea is choppy, we occasionally get shot at by Pirates but its a damn site more exciting

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 09:22:07 PM »
Go away please. O'Neill is history!

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 09:28:50 PM »
He did absoloutely nothing to prepare the squad for the coming season, we have the worst injury crisis in living memory

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 09:30:50 PM »
alot better without him...    cowans,Mcallister and Pires teaching the young kids instead of Robertson and Walford teaching the old overpaid crap......

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 09:32:34 PM »
£120 million spent and yet we still have no crew to man the oars and trim the sails.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal