collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houller Sums Up Team's Performance at Blackburn  (Read 8965 times)

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Re: Houller Sums Up Team's Performance at Blackburn
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
Psychologically speaking, conceeding the first goal when we did was the worst time to conceed. Most players' heads would drop after that, but it affects young players more. We played some nice football at times, unfortunately for the most part it was nice, but ineffective football. It kind of reminded me of a bad Arsenal performance, lots of fancy passing triangles but not really going anywhere and lacking any real penetration, and of course, struggling with the physical strength of the opposition. 

If it had been 0-0 at half time as it should have been, I still think were the most likely winners. Warnock's tackle was unprofessional and he let his team and manager down.

Blackburn were difficult to break down in the second half as they had something to defend. Playing counter-attacking football in the second half at 0-0 would have given us every chance.

How can you play counter-attacking football against a team with no ambitions and 10 defenders?!?!?!?

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 01:22:17 PM »
It's all a bit stating-the-fucking-obvious really, isn't it?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »
It's all a bit stating-the-fucking-obvious really, isn't it?

It is,  but ( stating the obvious again) we should be beating teams like Blackburn Rovers, they aren't a very good team.

1 away win this season so far is a dreadful record.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 01:30:53 PM »
Thing is what is the 'next level' that he's talking about. We've been challenging for top 4 and getting to Wembley recently so our level is pretty good. Getting the team back challenging where we've been would be a good start. With all the injuries we can just hope that we are not too far behind come the new year and can then move up the table.

one other thing, Houllier always looks cold and ill to me when he is on the bench. I do hope this isn't a step to far for him.

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »

one other thing, Houllier always looks cold and ill to me when he is on the bench. I do hope this isn't a step to far for him.

For a start, he wasn't wearing his Villa scarf which, it should be stated, should not be assumed in that posy way that is adopted by one Roberto Mancini.

Offline levico

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »
A comment for a separate thread I guess but I have never known such a long injury list - is there something wrong with our training/treatment regime?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »
Psychologically speaking, conceeding the first goal when we did was the worst time to conceed. Most players' heads would drop after that, but it affects young players more. We played some nice football at times, unfortunately for the most part it was nice, but ineffective football. It kind of reminded me of a bad Arsenal performance, lots of fancy passing triangles but not really going anywhere and lacking any real penetration, and of course, struggling with the physical strength of the opposition. 

If it had been 0-0 at half time as it should have been, I still think were the most likely winners. Warnock's tackle was unprofessional and he let his team and manager down.

Blackburn were difficult to break down in the second half as they had something to defend. Playing counter-attacking football in the second half at 0-0 would have given us every chance.

Agreed Nick. It was a long way from a cut your wrists performance yesterday but the tackle by Warnock at such a crucial time was really bloody stupid.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 08:50:51 PM »
We have to hang in there. We have an extremely young and inexperienced team on the pitch at present. We're without Beye, Cuellar, Collins, Sidwell, Reo-Coker, Albrighton, Delph, Carew and Heskey. Like some of those players or not, it's a long injury list. Any club would be struggling for consistency with that many players missing.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 09:37:30 PM »
Did Houllier sum up with "Did you know that 'Cor Wank is an anagram of 'Warnock'?"

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 02:50:45 AM »
We have to hang in there. We have an extremely young and inexperienced team on the pitch at present. We're without Beye, Cuellar, Collins, Sidwell, Reo-Coker, Albrighton, Delph, Carew and Heskey. Like some of those players or not, it's a long injury list. Any club would be struggling for consistency with that many players missing.

Beye has been awful lately. Cuellar is out of favour. Collins has been shit lately. Sidwell is Sidwell. Reo-Coker can't pass a football to save his life.

Delph won't be back to anywhere near his best until next season. Carew is just lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal