collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa "fans"  (Read 10105 times)

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
Re: Villa "fans"
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 10:55:15 PM »
Of course the 'hard men' from both sides magically disappeared outside the ground. 

Bring back lack of segregation. It was a pleasure travelling away when there was only a couple of hundred of us.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 11:57:39 PM »
You can't beat the old "quote" marks to put your point across. It always makes you 100% correct.

I "agree".

Offline MAGNAN VILLAIN

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 09:52:59 AM »
Welcome to Club Villa.

This.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »
You are supposed to get behind your team not have a go at them how do they expect the player's to react it is going to knock there confidence get behind the team i say.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 12:49:12 PM »
You are supposed to get behind your team not have a go at them how do they expect the player's to react it is going to knock there confidence get behind the team i say.

I agree

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 12:56:16 PM »
So the manager brings on Pires for Ireland and Herd for hogg and he needs to fook off....    :-(      FFS

Offline london lion

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 07:42:15 PM »
Woah,woah,woah,steady your gallop neddy..
Aston Villa is a broad church that gathers its congregation from far and wide,and anybody who follows the team away from home has a valid opinion however they show it.
Everything in the garden is far from rosy,you cant dress it up,its poor at the moment,very poor and supporters are starting to get the hump.
Just because they choose to vent there spleen in the way some do in no way means they support the team and club any less than you do,in fact i would say they are to be applauded for not sitting there clapping at the end of what was a dismal showing.
I think sometimes certain individuals on this board try to play the "i'm a considerably better fan than yow" card with the righteous comments they make,which is cringeworthy,on the other hand you have the more vocal fan who will call a spade a spade and have a go when the performances are clearly shite..

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 08:26:13 PM »
Aston Villa is a broad church that gathers its congregation from far and wide,and anybody who follows the team away from home has a valid opinion however they show it.
Everything in the garden is far from rosy,you cant dress it up,its poor at the moment,very poor and supporters are starting to get the hump.
Just because they choose to vent there spleen in the way some do in no way means they support the team and club any less than you do,in fact i would say they are to be applauded for not sitting there clapping at the end of what was a dismal showing.
I think sometimes certain individuals on this board try to play the "i'm a considerably better fan than yow" card with the righteous comments they make,which is cringeworthy,on the other hand you have the more vocal fan who will call a spade a spade and have a go when the performances are clearly shite..

Maybe the more vocal fan needs to learn to have a bit of patience and look at the wider picture rather than have a go at the team.  I'm as frustrated as the next man about where we're currently at but screaming at the players that they're shit is hardly the behaviour conducive to improved performances.  That said I called Stephen Ireland a lazy prick yesterday so who am I to talk. 

Offline london lion

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »

Maybe the more vocal fan needs to learn to have a bit of patience and look at the wider picture rather than have a go at the team.  I'm as frustrated as the next man about where we're currently at but screaming at the players that they're shit is hardly the behaviour conducive to improved performances.  That said I called Stephen Ireland a lazy prick yesterday so who am I to talk.

If you paid to go up there yesterday then you had every right to have a shout at Ireland.
And thats the point i'm trying to get at.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 08:33:52 PM »
I didn't go. Does that mean I cannot say the same?

Offline london lion

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 08:38:05 PM »
I didn't go. Does that mean I cannot say the same?

I didnt go either,so what exactly is the point your trying to nit pick at ?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 08:39:56 PM »
I mis-read your post. Apologies.

Offline london lion

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »
I mis-read your post. Apologies.

Ok,no worries.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 09:59:12 PM »
Speaking for myself, when I'm at the match I barely know what the fuck I'm saying. Most of the time it's an internal dialogue that somehow escapes my lips. I don't go as far as shouting abuse but I do slag players off when they do stupid things like not looking up or trying ambitious passes that are not going to come off, for example. But it's rarely personal, it's just nervous grumbling. And I'm the opposite when I see the team pleasing me with the way they play. Yes, I'm a hypocrite, but I can't change.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »
Had the privilege today of spending 90 minutes with people wearing Villa colours stood behind me who profess to be "fans".  Had to put up with incessant abuse, criticism and ridicule of certain players from the 1st minute onwards.  If it wasn't Dunne, it was Warnock, or Gabby, or Ireland, or Downing, or Friedel, or Ash.  I can't remember when a word of encouragement was spoken.

And to make matters worse, when the substitutions were made, it just showed the world how tactically inept our manager is, and if that is what he is going to do, he might as well f**k off now!!.

So Fredm, what did BlackCountryVillain look like?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal