collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa "fans"  (Read 10109 times)

Online fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
Villa "fans"
« on: November 21, 2010, 07:50:48 PM »
Had the privilege today of spending 90 minutes with people wearing Villa colours stood behind me who profess to be "fans".  Had to put up with incessant abuse, criticism and ridicule of certain players from the 1st minute onwards.  If it wasn't Dunne, it was Warnock, or Gabby, or Ireland, or Downing, or Friedel, or Ash.  I can't remember when a word of encouragement was spoken.

And to make matters worse, when the substitutions were made, it just showed the world how tactically inept our manager is, and if that is what he is going to do, he might as well f**k off now!!.

Offline mozza

Re: Villa "fans"
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 08:01:37 PM »
Had the privilege today of spending 90 minutes with people wearing Villa colours stood behind me who profess to be "fans".  Had to put up with incessant abuse, criticism and ridicule of certain players from the 1st minute onwards.  If it wasn't Dunne, it was Warnock, or Gabby, or Ireland, or Downing, or Friedel, or Ash.  I can't remember when a word of encouragement was spoken.

And to make matters worse, when the substitutions were made, it just showed the world how tactically inept our manager is, and if that is what he is going to do, he might as well f**k off now!!.

I'm confused ..........are you having a pop at Villa supporters who have paid
good money to travel on a Sunday, and witness let's be honest a very poor
performance

or

The manager for his substitutions, when all he had on the bench was
a 37 year old (World Cup Winner) who has only trained with the depleted
squad for a couple of hours, plus 5 'kids' with a handful of Premier starts
between them .       

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 08:05:07 PM »
I think he's saying he was surrounded by a load of moaning bastards.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 08:19:46 PM »
You can't beat the old "quote" marks to put your point across. It always makes you 100% correct.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »
I think he's saying he was surrounded by a load of moaning bastards.
Welcome to Club Villa.

Offline mozza

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
You can't beat the old "quote" marks to put your point across. It always makes you 100% correct.

Do you think so ? Thanks

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »
I don't know if it was my ears playing tricks on me, but it sounded as though there was a rousing chorus of "Go back to India" in the middle of the first half.

Which is obviously charming.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 08:31:09 PM »

Do you think so ? Thanks

I was referring to the OP, but you're most welcome anyway.

Offline Sutton_Villa23

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 08:38:33 PM »
any proper fan will realise the bloke is doing the best he can with the resources available - ive never seen the point at spending £30 for a ticket and £20 on getting there and back if all you are going to do is berate the team

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »

As far as the abuse goes, that's just the way it is (like it or not).  Personally, I would of put Pires in earlier for Ireland.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »
You could argue that if you pay your money then your entitled to your opinion, there is a lad who sits in the holte and he is such a bell end all he does is complain that Houllier stands with his arms folded and he is showing negative behaviour according to him!

Do as I do just ignore him/them

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »
I would be very, very concerned if I ever attended a Villa match and wasn't  surrounded by moaning bar stewards.

In fact I'd check to see whether the catering staff were lacing the pies and soft drinks with prozac, so out of character would it be with the regular match going experience.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 10:23:03 PM »
I have just posted in Golden Muppets and on Facebook about some of the absolute moronic  Villa 'fans' who we were by today.

It was our own fault, we moved from the relative safety of the 'away scheme family' to sit at the front.  The stewards and police had a hard job of it.

What got my goat most, was the slagging off of our players, who were within clear earshot, during the game.  Whatever is happening, was it really necessary to shout at Downing when he was making a cross into the box something along the lines of 'get the cross in you f****** useless f****** C***.   

That was just one thing, the tracey andrews song, the racist Black B................
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:58:36 PM by villajk »

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 10:28:31 PM »
These particular people spent most of the second half looking into the area to our left and gesturing at the, equally moronic, idiots in there.
I pity those who had to travel home with them. 

Offline villa1

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 10:35:56 PM »
Unfortunately I ended up right next to the home fans at the away leg of the semi last year. The Villa fans around us spent most of the game gesturing at the blackburn fans. We then had all sorts thrown at us at the final whistle, followed by more throat slitting gestures, etc, etc. Of course the 'hard men' from both sides magically disappeared outside the ground. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal