collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scottish referees to strike?  (Read 8240 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Scottish referees to strike?
« on: November 21, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
Link.

I say good luck to them. They have come under shitloads of criticism for daring to upset one of the Tedious Two. If Celtic feel hard done by they should try watching our Wemberley games last year.

Oophs did anyone notice I put the wrong link up there?

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: Scottish referees to strike?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 07:37:06 PM »
I only wish the referees in england would take a similar stance.  The media and managers spout so much garbage about ref's and players try their hardest to intimidate them. 

It's interesting how in other sports, such as Rugby and cricket that officials are respected.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »
The Refs' case wasn't helped when one of them had to admit to lying about a decision and conspiring with his assistant to cover it up

Online lovejoy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 07:56:45 PM »
To be fair a referee has admitted lying to Lennon this season. Some of this criticism is justified.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »
Sorry Redsox you beat me to it.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 01:26:00 AM »
To be fair Lennon has been bitching like a little girl since before then.

I also didn't hear him moan about the fairly solid penalty claim that Dundee United were denied yesterday. Wanker.

And how many sodding decisions have Celtic AND Rangers got wrongly in there favour every year? It's into the bloody hundreds. You don't hear Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, Kilmarnock and so on bitching about those.

Derek Adams who was manager of Ross County until recently was given an eight match ban for exchanging verbals with a ref during a reserve match. This was later extended to 18 matches for various reasons. Lennon has exchanged verbals during games, has criticised them in the media on countless occassions and has basically accused them and the whole system of being as corrupt as Don Beech. The mooted penalty for that has been four games at most. The SPL/SFA are scared of Celtic/Rangers and that is evinced in the penalty given to Adams compared to the mooted penalty for Lennon. I'd throw the book at him.

I back the referees decision if they go on strike. I do hope the SPL bring in that Taylor lad from the English FA and show Lennon what a hopeless ref really is like. Also, it is important to note that our refs are given a small fee for each game rather than salaried like the English ones. They get much less and that is not shown by a real gulf in class.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 10:14:38 AM »
How many times have Celtic and Rangers had it there own way and now they are moaning when something goes against them i say the referees are well within there right to strike.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
To be fair Lennon has been bitching like a little girl since before then.

I also didn't hear him moan about the fairly solid penalty claim that Dundee United were denied yesterday. Wanker.

And how many sodding decisions have Celtic AND Rangers got wrongly in there favour every year? It's into the bloody hundreds. You don't hear Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, Kilmarnock and so on bitching about those.

Derek Adams who was manager of Ross County until recently was given an eight match ban for exchanging verbals with a ref during a reserve match. This was later extended to 18 matches for various reasons. Lennon has exchanged verbals during games, has criticised them in the media on countless occassions and has basically accused them and the whole system of being as corrupt as Don Beech. The mooted penalty for that has been four games at most. The SPL/SFA are scared of Celtic/Rangers and that is evinced in the penalty given to Adams compared to the mooted penalty for Lennon. I'd throw the book at him.

I back the referees decision if they go on strike. I do hope the SPL bring in that Taylor lad from the English FA and show Lennon what a hopeless ref really is like. Also, it is important to note that our refs are given a small fee for each game rather than salaried like the English ones. They get much less and that is not shown by a real gulf in class.

Couldn't agree more.

The SFA are spineless and Lennon is a total twat.

Surely the refs that make the top level are the best there are in Scotland. So what's the alternative?
If the standard isn't good enough who's to blame? Surely it's the people that run the game up there....
Celtic/Rangers and the SFA.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »
The Refs' case wasn't helped when one of them had to admit to lying about a decision and conspiring with his assistant to cover it up

The ref made the right decision in the end.  It wasn't a penalty.  How they got to the decision is where the murkiness appears but to be honest, who the fuck cares about how they get there, who alerted whom as long as the correct decisions are made at the big moments.  And they ended up winning the game anyway, ******.

Lennon is just an arse.  The Scottish refs aren't perfect but he seems to be waging a war against them just now.

As others have said the sheer number of dubious and dodgy decisions that the odious pair and their venomous, glory hunting, Daily Record reading, half breed fans have biased in their favour stacks miles higher than the small number of decisions going the other way.

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 03:59:10 PM »
As someone esle pointed out, it'd be nice if the English refs would similarly stand up to the intimidation and bullying handed out to them.

Online ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »
Hopefully this should mean that Clyde don't lose this weekend

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 01:03:45 PM »
As someone esle pointed out, it'd be nice if the English refs would similarly stand up to the intimidation and bullying handed out to them.

They won't though. If they upset Ferguson, for example, then they won't ref a top premier league match for a long time because Ferguson will moan to high heaven about him so the FA will make sure that ref doesn't referee their matches in the future, which the ref will not want.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »
I don't get what the SFA or the FA for that matter are scared about.  The most important thing to the Celtics, Rangers, Man Utds, Chelseas of this world is the money and the big bucks come from the European competitions; UEFA sanctioned tournaments.

If the SFA or FA took a hardline stance they'll be backed up by UEFA and FIFA if push came to shove and the clubs would have nowhere to go.  The clubs need the tournaments to showcase their talents and therefore should have to play by the rules.

Maybe it's a naive point of view but I wish the football associations would start doing a bit more to protect the integrity of the game.  They did it with the fast track banning system which Barton and Williamson have been punished with and no-one's kicked up a fuss about that.  They need to use their power a bit more and ban the Neil Lennon's of this world when they talk such bollocks.

Online ADVILLAFAN

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »
What a great piece of publicity for the Sottish league. The media will be all over the Scottish football matches this weekend no doubt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal