collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Delph on track to return in Jan  (Read 10145 times)

Offline barrysleftfoot

Re: Delph on track to return in Jan
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »

Best player on the pitch against Ure, best player against Bolton, best player against Palace.And even though the team performance was shite, best player against Wigan.I did'nt go to the Fiore game, but apparently he was the best player in that as well.

This is a 19 yr old we are talkig about.He could be better than all of them, Ramsey, Bannan, Wilshire, Rodwell etc.He has everything.

Offline myf

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 07:57:57 PM »
We could really do with him now.  I hate watching the current team against battling sides like Blackburn.  The midfield looks like very weak defensively.  With Petrov and NRC missing this would have been a golden opportunity for him.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 10:16:44 PM »
We could really do with him now.  I hate watching the current team against battling sides like Blackburn.  The midfield looks like very weak defensively.  With Petrov and NRC missing this would have been a golden opportunity for him.

I'm sorry but last season against Blackburn he was taken off because one more rash challenge and he'd have been off.  I think he's too lightweight to hold his own in the Premiership at this time.  He needs some growth time.  He does look as though he'll be a good player.

Offline Bald Eagle

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »

I'm sorry but last season against Blackburn he was taken off because one more rash challenge and he'd have been off.  I think he's too lightweight to hold his own in the Premiership at this time.  He needs some growth time.  He does look as though he'll be a good player.
If hes too lightweight, where does that leave Barry Bannan.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »

If hes too lightweight, where does that leave Barry Bannan.

Someone with the skill, poise, balance, control and low centre of gravity that makes him an entirely different player and able to compete.  Delph is a different player who still needs to fill out.  I'm not syaing he won't its just he's only 19/20 and from what I've seen so far he needs to develop his physicality to compete inthe Premier League.

Offline myf

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 10:03:40 PM »
I don't think his physicality (is that a real word?) is an issue at all.  I would have thought the lower divisions were more physical than the top flight and he seemed ok there.  From what I saw last year he looked strong and tenacious, and that seems to be what we are lacking at the minute.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2010, 10:08:10 PM »
Delph is not the answer to our prayers. From what I've seen he's got the potential to be a great player but we're talking a hell of a long time out and he's not going to get much of a grace period from his own fans, let alone the opposition. Better to view his return as a bonus and not the be-all and end-all.

Offline myf

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 01:06:55 PM »
The point I was trying to make was that the current injury crisis would have been an ideal time for him to have a run in the side.

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »
I'd welcome the imminent return of any of our current injury list, regardless.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal