collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier confirms benzema interest  (Read 15449 times)

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Houllier confirms benzema interest
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »
Come on lads lets get real. He is not coming to Villa park so lets not get ourselves excited for nothing. Now we are starting to get a "French connection" (Pires Houllier) we can start looking at top young french strikers who will instantly recognise these icons ......

It was only a couple of weeks ago we were linked to Bafetimbi Gomis of Lyon. Next week it'll be Dimitri Payet. Take it all with a pinch of Dijon, but it's nice to dream.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2010, 10:00:10 PM »
Come on lads lets get real. He is not coming to Villa park so lets not get ourselves excited for nothing. Now we are starting to get a "French connection" (Pires Houllier) we can start looking at top young french strikers who will instantly recognise these icons ......

It was only a couple of weeks ago we were linked to Bafetimbi Gomis of Lyon. Next week it'll be Dimitri Payet.

Is that good or bad, I find it hard to keep track now we've started looking further afield?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »

It was only a couple of weeks ago we were linked to Bafetimbi Gomis of Lyon. Next week it'll be Dimitri Payet.

Is that good or bad, I find it hard to keep track now we've started looking further afield?
Benzema is more likely than Payet.

He'll probably be one of the best wingers in the world in two years time and there's no way the likes of Madrid or Inter would let him go to us without a fight.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »
Gomis is a big pacey lad, kind of the equivalent of Carroll but has been the next big thing for ages and hasn't done much to justify it. Payet, as I understand it, is more of a winger but he's top scorer in France and some of his goals have been superb. He had an attitude problem a couple of seasons ago and I think he was banned for headbutting someone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal