collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 12:06:24 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:05:38 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Martyn Smith
[Today at 11:59:21 AM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: south west lions?  (Read 6513 times)

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
south west lions?
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:50:49 AM »
not sure of the demand for this, but is it possible to set one up to see if its needed?

im sure i have seen a few around, and since moving to devon, (and once my finances are sorted to allow me to get to games again), it would be nice to get in touch with them and travel to matches with fellow villa fans, rather than just 8 hours round trip of silence on the train...

no worries if its already been looked at, but just thought i would throw the thought out there...

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Re: south west lions?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
Try looking at the AVFC lions club website.  It will tell you if there is a lions club near you.  If not, it's quite easy to set one up and all the details should be on that site.  Good luck.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 05:25:14 PM »
Welcome to Devon, where abouts? I love it here, been here in Dawlish since I was 8 so along time now.

I used to be part of the South West Lions Club, although because I played footy myself I never went to loads of games. There was one season, when we signed Collymore and I was crocked so I attended most home games. Any way its always been very well run whenever I have used them. I have 3 young kids now so I have not been apart of it for a while.
A few years back the South West Lions all met in Kingsteignton in a pub, and Dennis Mortimer was arranged  for a talk before the match on the box. It was great, got to shake his hand and get photos.
There website is http://southwestvilla.com/. My mate still goes from time to time and says its better run now then ever before. As soon as my kids are a bit older I'll be re-joining.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
im in plymouth ian...

moved here when i was 11, but then moved back to brum about 5 years ago... my missus missed her family though, and we both missed our close friends, so we moved back to plymouth in april this year... missing the live games at the moment, and when i am sorted financially, will be using my season ticket money for as many games as i can afford...

il have a look at that, thanks...

cheers for the info jk too...

Offline Secret Army

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
Hello,

I am an ex SouthWest Lion as we now have a Somerset branch. The details taken from the AVFC website for devon are as follows.......

South West Lions UK,
Flat 1, 21 Raleigh Road, Exmouth,
EX82RX

www.southwestvilla.com

We are a small, family friendly, official supporters club of Aston Villa covering Devon and Cornwall. We’ve been running for about 6 years and our aim to help our club members obtain transport and tickets for as many home games as possible.

Founded 2003
Telephone07894 881 146
E-mailchairman@southwestvilla.com
Chairman Simon Doughty

If devon do not run a bus for any reason you could always hitch a lift with the somerset Branch as long as you get yourself to J26, M5 as this is our closest stop to Plymouth. We already have people traveling from Dawlish, Ottery St Mary and other parts to meet our bus at this point.

Hope this helps.

To contact the Somerset Lions please call 07796 923603 or email enquiries@somersetlions.net our website is www.somersetlions.net

Regards and Up The Villa
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:26:57 AM by Secret Army »

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 01:30:52 PM »
brilliant, thanks dude..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal