collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: (United Fan) Q & A For Aston Villa v Manchester United  (Read 13211 times)

Offline lovejoy

Re: (United Fan) Q & A For Aston Villa v Manchester United
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 01:31:57 PM »
I am not trying to be faceious here but most other teams in football would see United as having the benefit of the doubt from referees (Fergie time, Nevilles tackles vs Stoke, Nani handball, Vidic not being sent off in Carling Cup final etc etc). As a United fan can you actually see this or, in your view, does it "even itself out over the season"?

One other question what views do you hold on your manager refusing to give his views on MOTD?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 05:05:26 PM »
Sorry, I did mean Villa in my original post. I use the same template when asking this question.

Thank you very much for allowing me to do this - really is appreciated  :)

Here are a few standard questions. If okay, I will ask Villa related questions later.

• What are your thoughts on Saturday’s game? How are Villa likely to line up? What formation do you think they will adopt and what team do you expect to be selected? Which players should United keep an eye on? Which United player do you think poses the greatest threat to Villa?

I think it has a draw written all over it. You aren't playing well and we will be starting with half of the youth team on account of injuries. We will play one up top and we rather hope that will be a fit Gabby who we have missed tremendously so far. Downing has been baout our best player this season.

• Villa appear to have exciting youngsters coming through. Barry Bannan impressed massively earlier this season when he scored a hat-trick in the reserves fixture between the two clubs, plus there is Delfouneso and Albrighton. Which are your thoughts on these players? Are they good enough to become regular first team players? Which other youngsters are worth keeping an eye on?

They can all make it in the first team it just would have been nice if they were not getting such a baptism of fire. MON and is lack of rotation policy to blame there. Gary Gardner is out injured at the minute but he is one hell of a prospect.

• Which of the new summer signings have you been impressed by and who has disappointed?

We haven't signed anyone bar Ireland who is still feeling his way in.Although for a gratuitous dig, Sidwell is the single biggest waste of space I have seen in a Villa shirt in the last decade.
• Favourite Manchester United vs Aston Villa match?

1994 league cup final

• Favourite all time Villa player?

Paul McGrath

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »
Thank you Risso!

Here are the final lot of questions

• Are you disappointed O'Neill is no longer manager? Has Gerard Houllier made a difference compared to Martin O'Neill's final season?

I couldn't be happier that MON has gone with his one dimensional, unwatchable crap football that we played at home. The timing was bloody dreadful though.

• United in recent times have an excellent record against Villa – why is this?

More money makes better players and we are also hampered by the fact your manage rhas a lot of respect for us so tends to play the full first team whereas he may rotate against other clubs.

• Are Villa capable of competing for a Champions League place?

We are capable but we won't. After being dropped in the shit 5 days before the start of teh season it really is the cups for us to concentrate on this year although any finish below 8th would be disappointing.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 07:46:52 PM »
Friedel in goal, Defence- Young,Warnock,Dunne,Collins, Midfield- Young,Albrighton,Bannan,Clark,Downing, Attack- Agbonlahor. Greatest threat, Albrighton- Ashley Young if on form, Gabby if 100% fit. Youngsters, Albrighton and Delfouneso are very good, Bannan- not sure yet. Summer signings? That was a joke question wasn't it? Stephen Ireland. Liked him at City but hasn't impressed so far. Favourite games against United- Didier Six debut in '84, Old Trafford November '88, Boxing Day '89 and the '94 final. Villa players? Tony Morley and Paul McGrath.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »
Sorry, I did mean Villa in my original post. I use the same template when asking this question.

Thank you very much for allowing me to do this - really is appreciated  :)

Here are a few standard questions. If okay, I will ask Villa related questions later.

What are your thoughts on Saturday’s game?

I think you are nothing special this season but we have 463 players out injured. Ireland’s got the flu? 464. You should be favourites especially if Vidic brings his referee with him as usual, but you never know.

How are Villa likely to line up? What formation do you think they will adopt and what team do you expect to be selected?

Depends on how many get injured in the warm-up. Probably - Friedel, L Young, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Albrighton, Clark, Bannan, Downing, A Young, Agbonlahor (4-5-1).

Which players should United keep an eye on?

Sidwell. He’s injured for a while but watch him for the rest of the season. Then bid £60million for him. You won’t regret it… he’s the greatest player of all time. Make it £100million and we’ll thrown in Curtis Davies.

Which United player do you think poses the greatest threat to Villa?

The referee.

Villa appear to have exciting youngsters coming through. Barry Bannan impressed massively earlier this season when he scored a hat-trick in the reserves fixture between the two clubs, plus there is Delfouneso and Albrighton. Which are your thoughts on these players? Are they good enough to become regular first team players? Which other youngsters are worth keeping an eye on?

They are all good enough to become first team players with the possible exception of Delfouneso, on whom the jury’s still out. Hopefully he will come good. I always liked Clark, Bannan and Albrighton when I saw them in the reserves / youth. I like young American right-back Eric Lichaj (pronounced to rhyme with ‘yee-haw!') too. Ellis Deeney, a left-back, is my pick of the youth team but he is probably a couple of seasons off debuting yet.

Which of the new summer signings have you been impressed by and who has disappointed?

Van der Vaart has been pretty good. Sadly, not for us.

Favourite Manchester United vs Aston Villa match?

The Okey-Cokey Final, 1994.

Favourite all time Villa player?

The man Franco Baresi called “the best defender in the World”… Paul McGrath. You’ve probably heard of him.

Here are the final lot of questions

Are you disappointed O'Neill is no longer manager?

Not really. I was getting fed up with his xenophobic recruitment policy. Was disappointed by the way he left us. This myth about ‘no money to spend’ grates. Only Manchester City have spent more money than us since 2006. Only Agbonlahor (who had only previously played one game) remains from the O’Dreary era. This is O’Neill’s team. Yet despite all the money lavished on him to spend on some stars (Ashley, Milner one or two others) and a whole lot of dross (Davies, Harewood, Shorey, Sidwell, etc) he wasn’t prepared to stick by the club unless he was given even more money to spend. Unless he knows some friends who are Sheikhs he is unlikely to find a more generous employer elsewhere than Randy Lerner. Fuck him.

Has Gerard Houllier made a difference compared to Martin O'Neill's final season?

A bit, in that he’s blooded some youngsters. Although I think O’Neill wouldn’t have had much choice with the injuries we’ve had. One difference is that I reckon O’Neill would’ve loaned or sold Barry Bannan and we would be stuck with Salifou or Osbourne as our current midfield lynchpin. Still, it’s too early to tell with M Houllier. As others have said, give him a couple of transfer windows and we’ll see.

United in recent times have an excellent record against Villa - why is this?

Generally you’ve been better than us. I think we suffer as we are not good enough to regularly challenge you as Chelsea, Arsenal and (occasionally) Liverpool have been. However, we’re too big for you to completely disregard us and play your kids against or take us for granted. In this respect we’re similar to Spurs… who also have a shocking record against you. Still, four points last season and even the most one-eyed Man U fan would have to admit we were cheated blind at Wembley so maybe we can start to turn round our poor run against you.

Are Villa capable of competing for a Champions League place?

Villareal? Yes. Us? Not yet, maybe in a couple of seasons.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »
S_E_A, the above post from cdvillafan is pretty much spot on.

Offline S_E_A

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 11:49:32 PM »
Hello all, thank you very much. I'm delighted with answers.

Bren_d, the green and gold scarf has become a fashion item...

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:52:54 PM by S_E_A »

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 09:17:27 AM »
Since when did it become fashionable to look like Delia Smith?

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 04:38:31 PM »
I am not trying to be faceious here but most other teams in football would see United as having the benefit of the doubt from referees (Fergie time, Nevilles tackles vs Stoke, Nani handball, Vidic not being sent off in Carling Cup final etc etc). As a United fan can you actually see this or, in your view, does it "even itself out over the season"?

One other question what views do you hold on your manager refusing to give his views on MOTD?

Oh I've got at least 4 more example from today to add if you ever bother to respond.

Offline S_E_A

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 06:02:03 PM »
Since when did it become fashionable to look like Delia Smith?

Ha ha

Offline S_E_A

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 06:02:32 PM »

Oh I've got at least 4 more example from today to add if you ever bother to respond.

4? Please do tell.

Offline S_E_A

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 06:10:03 PM »
Decisions in favour of United is overplayed in my opinion. I'm not saying we dont have decisions go our way - would be daft of me to suggest otherwise. I will say that decisions in favour for United are remembered and continually discussed compared to other teams.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 06:10:52 PM »
Decisions in favour of United is overplayed in my opinion. I'm not saying we dont have decisions go our way - would be daft of me to suggest otherwise. I will say that decisions in favour for United are remembered and continually discussed compared to other teams.

Probably because they occur more regularly aswell.

Offline S_E_A

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »
Cheers lads for answers. Do you mind providing brief after-match thoughts? Good luck for the remainder of the season.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
Cheers lads for answers. Do you mind providing brief after-match thoughts?

Yes.

You lucky. lucky bastards!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal