collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Squad rotation vs under strength sides  (Read 5721 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: Squad rotation vs under strength sides
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 10:30:43 PM »
The problem here is that they set a precedent when they fined Wolves (albeit only £25,000) last season.  They now have to do the same to Blackpool, whether it's right or wrong.  It's a joke that Wolves were fined in the first place, but that's the Premier League for you.

If I was Blackpool chairman, I'd turn up at PL HQ and pay the fine in person, in coppers.

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 10:45:25 PM »
I'm sure McCarthy admitted it last season, so was fined for being honest. Holloway can't be fined because he's claimed he sent out his best 11 for that game. If he is fined then the FA should fine Manure every time Rooney is fit but not playing, the same goes for every club in the PL.

Is it just me though or are Holloways rants becoming a bit tiresome. Don't get me wrong I like him, but he's starting to become a parody of himself.

Offline luke25

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 10:50:04 PM »

Is it just me though or are Holloways rants becoming a bit tiresome. Don't get me wrong I like him, but he's starting to become a parody of himself.
yeah his novelty's starting to dissapear now for me

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 12:50:05 AM »

He was out of order the way he turned on Pat Murphy on the radio last night.  He only asked a straightforward question.  This whole West Country yokel schtick of his has always rubbed me up the wrong way anyway.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 01:52:10 AM »
Well, well,well...the FA sticking it to the smaller clubs. Hands up all those that are suprised. Anyone? Anyone?

The sooner these fuckwits at the FA retire/change jobs/get hit by a bus, the better football will be.

As has been said, if you've submitted a list of 25 players you intend to use, them let's not act suprised when they get used.

If the governing bodies of football are going to offer such fantastical monetary rewards based on finishing place, then they've no right to be acting all taken-aback when clubs use whatever tools and strategies  they have to get at that money.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 08:14:03 AM »

He was out of order the way he turned on Pat Murphy on the radio last night.  He only asked a straightforward question.  This whole West Country yokel schtick of his has always rubbed me up the wrong way anyway.

Oi !!

It great to have a manager that I can understand, rather than all those cock-a-knees, Geordies ans Scousers

Having said that, his reaction to Pat on Wednesday was bordering on paranoia. Ollie must have known that someone would bring up the Wolves question. In fact, Pat said that he was last in line to interview the "Bard of Bristol" and that everyone else might have asked the same.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:09 AM »
My only problem with saying that they must come from the 25 players named as the squad is that the end of the season, if you have nothing to play for, you might want to try a few youngsters out. This would stop you doing it.

The rule does allow for unlimited players under 21 on top of the 25, so you could still do that.

It was mentioned on Talksport last night and they read out the rule, which was 'strongest possible team', so as someone else said resting 1 or all 11 breaks this.  That means the top sides should be fined every game. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal