collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villafirst
[Today at 09:14:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:14:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:13:43 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:13:37 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by passport1
[Today at 09:12:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 09:11:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 09:10:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Mister E
[Today at 09:10:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We always get shit refs  (Read 14959 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: We always get shit refs
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2010, 01:45:55 PM »
It seems that someone wants to moan about every chant that gets sung

Wrong.

Just the ones about the Blues, the one about God, and the one that's the subject of this thread.

Which leaves...

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 01:56:09 PM »

Wrong.

Just the ones about the Blues, the one about God, and the one that's the subject of this thread.

Which leaves...

I've written new versions just for you.

"We regularly receive poor decisions from the referee, we don't want anyone to feel sorry for us but we're just saying, like".

"Be tolerant of all other teams, tolerant of all other teams tonight ooh, ah, ah".

"In rehab my Lord, in rehab".

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 03:40:20 PM »
When Neil Diamond wrote
Me and you are subject to the blues now and then
But when you take the blues and make a song
You sing them out again

he wasn't kidding around.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »
I think I have worked out why Ref's and linesman can be so poor.

While watching the teams warm up last night I noticed the ref and his linesman [I wont call them assistant refs] doing thier warm up.

Now the teams were practising there kicks, moves and running as well as ball skills, all things that they will be doing during the game.

The ref and his merry two were doing some synchronised jogging up and down they went it was like watching Tom Daley and his mate doing the diving.

Not once did the linesman practise putting his flag up, not once did the ref practise blowing his whistle or practise looking the wrong way, and he didnt even practice looking at his watch! all things that they will do during the game!!!!!

That is why they are poor at times because they don't warm up properly!

Mark

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
the albrighton penalty claim was a shocker and what is the linesmen doing at the time..... 

everyone going on about Blackpools 10 changes , we should be talking about that awful ref...   

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 06:29:56 PM »

Wrong.

Which leaves...

I've written new versions just for you.

"We regularly receive poor decisions from the referee, we don't want anyone to feel sorry for us but we're just saying, like".

"Be tolerant of all other teams, tolerant of all other teams tonight ooh, ah, ah".

"In rehab my Lord, in rehab".

Actually - my point was that I'd rather we just called the ref a wanker like we always have done.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:06:39 PM by amfy »

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »
Someone said earlier that the ref looked out of his depth and i could'nt agree more. He booked a Blackpool player 3 minutes into the game for which i presume was his first challenge and to be honest it was a free kick at the most.

He booked Warnock when he did'nt even need to. Add the goal that should have stood and the two penalty shout's and it all adds up to yet another crap ref that the Premier League have found from somewhere.

Offline AV1874

• GM : Jul, 2012
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2010, 02:37:34 AM »
I think I have worked out why Ref's and linesman can be so poor.

While watching the teams warm up last night I noticed the ref and his linesman [I wont call them assistant refs] doing thier warm up.

Now the teams were practising there kicks, moves and running as well as ball skills, all things that they will be doing during the game.

The ref and his merry two were doing some synchronised jogging up and down they went it was like watching Tom Daley and his mate doing the diving.

Not once did the linesman practise putting his flag up, not once did the ref practise blowing his whistle or practise looking the wrong way, and he didnt even practice looking at his watch! all things that they will do during the game!!!!!

That is why they are poor at times because they don't warm up properly!

Mark

Agree totally, my warm up consists of continuously closing my eyes so that I make sure I miss things during the game.........then sprinting for the change room after several contraversial decisions.

One thing we are NOT allowed to do is to practice blowing the whistle, flagging or anything like that, we do that in twice weekly sessions outside of match days.
Not sure if Dave can confirm what he is allowed to do on warm up but over here in sunny down under, our technical training and warm ups are done away from the pitch. On match day our focus is to get our muscles warm so that we can be close to play within reason for the duration of the match.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2010, 04:57:46 AM »
You're forgetting that I've seen your warm up pre match.

It involves getting a cup of tea and a kebab. Then just as you're about to run on the pitch take out the banana you'd brought with you, decide against eating it and having one twix stick instead.

Offline deero83

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2010, 01:06:56 PM »
I can't stand this song either. It's about time that people realised that it's the players that are sh*t half the time, mainly due to the fact that they're incapable of playing to the whistle and just getting on with the game. Exhibit A being Ashley 'Petulance' Young.

Offline AV1874

• GM : Jul, 2012
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2010, 01:10:52 AM »
You're forgetting that I've seen your warm up pre match.

It involves getting a cup of tea and a kebab. Then just as you're about to run on the pitch take out the banana you'd brought with you, decide against eating it and having one twix stick instead.

*cough* That was for amusment purposes only!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal