collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Kit available  (Read 11671 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: New Kit available
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 04:58:22 PM »
I've recently taught them to boo whenever we go past the New Den.

I've taught mine to pinch their noses when they go past Benfica's Estadio de Luz.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:00:05 PM by Mark Kelly »

Offline TimTheVillain

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 05:50:17 PM »
It's not as simple as get rid of Nike and get addidas. I think it would be us trying to get adidas rather them wanting to join us.

I would love adidas though.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
At least Henson delivered the goods on time.  Bring 'em back!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 10:31:23 PM »
According to the General,the away kit from this year is going to be the third kit next year

So we'll never wear it again?!

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 11:08:59 PM »
No Villa gear on the Nike website, except for shorts and these socks, described as "red" and yours for £30. Thirty. Pounds.

I don't care if we get Adidas, Puma, Kappa, Umbro, Le Coq Sportif, Hummel, Diadora, Asics, or anyone else but come on Villa, ditch these clowns please. No respect.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 11:23:58 PM »
Personally, thanks but no thanks.

However, a kit for a 2-3 year-old will be purchased for March with Fred 3 on it. I think I might have a mild case of OCD.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »
No Villa gear on the Nike website, except for shorts and these socks, described as "red" and yours for £30. Thirty. Pounds.

I don't care if we get Adidas, Puma, Kappa, Umbro, Le Coq Sportif, Hummel, Diadora, Asics, or anyone else but come on Villa, ditch these clowns please. No respect.

Seconded.

Nike have taken the piss with our club, ditch them - tear the contract up.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
£30 for a pair of socks says almost as much about football's detachment from reality as Yaya Toure's 200k a week.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »
£30 for a pair of socks says almost as much about football's detachment from reality as Yaya Toure's 200k a week.

'Chaussettes de football' Paul, they always cost more :-)

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »
Bump.

The shirt's now available on the Nike website , but it's still described as "red" and it's cheaper to buy it from the Club.

Those socks are down to a tenner as well. But they aren't red either.

I still won't be buying one.

Offline regular_john

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 07:22:57 PM »
As much as they've dicked us about with this kit, they are still the worlds top sports manufacturer. For a club such as ourselves, we won't have an ice cubes chance in Hell of breaking in to the top 4 with the financial support companies like Nike provide. They are a global brand, and as a result our shirt will be sold much more widely than it would with another brand. The pros of being with Nike far outweigh the cons.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 10:12:28 AM »
As much as they've dicked us about with this kit, they are still the worlds top sports manufacturer. For a club such as ourselves, we won't have an ice cubes chance in Hell of breaking in to the top 4 with the financial support companies like Nike provide. They are a global brand, and as a result our shirt will be sold much more widely than it would with another brand. The pros of being with Nike far outweigh the cons.

I hope this is a joke post!

So being 5 months later than other teams is a pro?

How about the fact that the kit is Lens kit for 2008? Is that another pro?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »

Stunningly wrong.

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »
Kit manufacturers change, the Club stays the same. I'd rather have the kit provided by a company that respects the Club enough to:

1- make an effort to produce a unique, individual design to represent them on the pitches of England and the newspapers/ TV screens/ websites of the world, rather than rehashing an old design; and

2- treat the loyal paying customers of that Club with the same respect that they treat the customers of more popular clubs.

I wouldn't describe a company that aims to provide kit for a Premier League club in the manner that Nike have done as "the world's top sports manufacturer". I'd describe their performance regarding this season's kit as disappointing at best, and lazy and dismissive at worst.

Stick to your Arsenal and Manchester United cash cows, Nike, Aston Villa deserves better.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal