collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by brontebilly
[Today at 08:54:48 AM]

Re: Fog stopped play by LeeB
[Today at 08:54:39 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Towser
[Today at 08:54:15 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 08:49:35 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:47:56 AM]

Re: Fog stopped play by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:47:50 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rigadon
[Today at 08:45:22 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ?% Villa: Pulis Wants Ref Relegation  (Read 5984 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: ?% Villa: Pulis Wants Ref Relegation
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 06:15:36 PM »
I don't remember Pullis moaning at Pennant's dive against us which led to their equaliser.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 06:19:36 PM »
I think ref's so far this season have been shocking. How any referee calling himself a professional could miss Cattermole playing Goalie is beyond me.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 06:27:01 PM »
Me too Clampy i think they have been shocking some of the decisions they get wrong are unbelievable.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 08:40:38 PM »
hes complaining that because referees make poor decisions against what he percieves to be "lesser teams" in the premier league, he wants to inflict them on to the championship?

isnt that a bit hypocritical?

This is what I always say, Why should a shit ref be inflicted on anyone else, The championship don't want shit ref's nor does anyone else!

Your always going to get bad decisions as its human error without replays you can't always see everything but some of the ref's you see are awful. See Nani's goal.

My mate always call's them top 4 decisions and you do see top sides getting the decisions especially at Mould trafford and Stamford bridge

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 07:09:32 AM »
I think its a reasonable idea.

There should also be something similar for refs.

They each get to vote on which manager has been the most confrontational, disrespectful and one eyed when talking about their decisions.  The manager who gets the most votes is banned from football forever.

Fairs fair.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 08:13:33 AM »
Fair play and the good of the game is the farthest thing from Pulis' mind. He is only concerned for the team he manages. The same goes for Wenger, Fat Sam, Ferguson etc.

Bitter, paranoid, bullying and blessed with an inability to accept defeat without casting the blame on the one bloke who takes to the field with no intention of cheating.

Put your own house in order before launching an attack on ref's, Pullis. Your hipocrisy is astounding.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 09:10:24 AM »
I cant see Phil Dowd being that excited about reffing at Oxford

Offline jembob

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 09:29:01 AM »
The danger of this sort of proposal is that it punished refs for honest mistakes as well as venal, cowardly decisions. Much as we have seen our own share of dreadful decisions so far this season, I would still recognise this as being a difficult job to do, both physically and mentally. If we persecute refs even more, why should new people think about taking it up as a career?
Jimmy Hill all used to go about ex-pros moving into refereeing and I am sure that that there are plenty of lower league players who retire without the financial backing of an average Premiership player who would be grateful for the opportunity. 

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »
Such a proposal would not improve referee decisons in the eyes of managers, players, or fans one bit.
The fact is the game is played at a much faster pace, but everything can then be slowed down and replayed from the plethora of cameras from every angle. Then pawed over and analysed by a media intent on creating controversy to get people interacting with their programme. TalkSport does it, Sky does it.
Players dive, players cheat, players try to get opponents sent off or booked, players take it on themselves to question the referee during the game, managers scream at 4th officials on the touchline.
You can bring in goal line technology but there will still be everything else going on that someone will always disagree with.
So either bring in technology for everything and we stretch a game out stop/start over 3 hours, or realise that there has to be human error and interpretation from the officials.

Its not bad officials that are making fans fall out of love with the game, its the greed, the cheating, the questioning of authority, the player power. I suggest they look at themselves and put their own houses in order. But they wont do that because the stakes are so high, so it has to done for them. Instead of some simplistic system that wouldnt improve standards, we should have draconian measures instead of the  toothless respect the ref campaign. Players should not be able to approach officials at all. Managers should not be able to comment on officials decisions at all. Players should be retrospectively punished if camera evidence after shows blatant cheating. Diving in the box where it is shown there was zero contact should carry something like a 6 game ban.
Sounds tough ? Yes it is, but all the people in the game bleating and whining week after week as if referees have committed serious crimes against humanity make me sick.

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:09 AM »
Followers of American Football will know that the NFL operates a continual assessment of all their judges and referees. After each match a report is sent to the NFL by both clubs in which each official is given an assessment and a rating. These are used to monitor the performance of the officials and, incidentally to decide which of these should have the honour (honor) of officiating at the Super Bowl.

Offline AV1874

• GM : Jul, 2012
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 02:32:44 AM »
I think its a reasonable idea.

There should also be something similar for refs.

They each get to vote on which manager has been the most confrontational, disrespectful and one eyed when talking about their decisions.  The manager who gets the most votes is banned from football forever.

Fairs fair.

Oh if only I could do that in some of the leagues I referee in......that's a top idea!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal