collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier slams 'stupid' Carew!  (Read 37538 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Houllier slams 'stupid' Carew!
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2010, 01:18:23 PM »
Oh dear thing do seem to be going awry under our new manager.

Yes, we have a few injuries and one player doesn't get on with him.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking.  Well except that him and Ireland don't get on either.  Oh and we can't score goals with regularity  Oh and we play 5 across midfield including a Centre Half in midfield against Blues at home.  And we then wait until 8 minutes from time before changing to an attacking formation, 10 minutes after the opposing manager did so.  And he calls a player stupid and living in the past to the press ratherthan to the player himself.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:49:19 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »
Him and Ireland. Your proof is? We have our first choice four strikers out, play a makeshift midfield in one game and you cite this as proof that things are 'awry'.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2010, 01:58:39 PM »
The article about Ireland needing to work harder (another go public article) in The Guardian allows me to make an educated guess that all is not well between those two.  Otherwise why not just keep it behind closed doors.  We know players are in the main stupid and egotistical however, this is an intelligent, experienced, articulate manager who goes public on things he shouldn't and has a history of playing boring, negative football despite injuries.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2010, 02:00:40 PM »
Who has maybe worked out the best way to motivate a player. It happens. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2010, 02:14:49 PM »
The article about Ireland needing to work harder (another go public article) in The Guardian allows me to make an educated guess that all is not well between those two.  Otherwise why not just keep it behind closed doors.  We know players are in the main stupid and egotistical however, this is an intelligent, experienced, articulate manager who goes public on things he shouldn't and has a history of playing boring, negative football despite injuries.

Ireland came on and looked useful for once. Two or three really good paces and he worked himself too. Taking the same sort of short-termism that you’ve used, its problem solved, well done Houllier you’ve motivated a player.

Only a moron would conclude that its Houlliers fault we’re not scoring given the Everton style injury circumstances we’ve got.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »
Oh so someone who offers a different view to yours is a moron.  How puerile. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:02:11 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2010, 03:17:01 PM »
I think we should all get a sense of perspective. We must all remember that Gérard Houllier has vast experience when it comes to hanging on for a result. It's not as if he's got previous when it comes to losing in the 94th minute, is it?

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »
I think we should all get a sense of perspective. We must all remember that Gérard Houllier has vast experience when it comes to hanging on for a result. It's not as if he's got previous when it comes to losing in the 94th minute, is it?

Wasn't that scored in the regulation 90?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2010, 03:36:30 PM »
Carew has been a success, particularly as a straight swap for Baros. Time to move on though. Gabby, heskey and AN other as first choice forwards for me.

I am a bit worried about the mentality of the players having gone a bit easy street over the summer. Dunne, Carew, Gabby perhaps?

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2010, 03:39:49 PM »
Legend too strong maybe, but he will be remembered for years to come though as a fan favourite. He has been our most consistent and most prolific goal scorer for 4 years, he isn't in the best of form at the moment, but still deserves abit of respect. Which Houllier has not shown.

Im liking how Houllier is keeping the fans informed but he is getting to the point of washing his linen in public. He should be abit more discrete on certain issues!

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2010, 03:52:07 PM »
Legend too strong maybe, but he will be remembered for years to come though as a fan favourite. He has been our most consistent and most prolific goal scorer for 4 years, he isn't in the best of form at the moment, but still deserves abit of respect. Which Houllier has not shown.
Isn't in the best of form at the moment?????? You truly are the king of understatement. At the moment makes it sound like the last few weeks, whereas in reality it's been the last year or so

Offline mozza

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »
January can't come quick enough - we need to off load at least a couple
and bring in a proven striker (even though GH is reported as saying it's not
a priority)

As for John Carew - yes I've got some good memories of when he was
occasionally 'un-playable' but sadly for him, and us it didn't happen very often

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2010, 04:40:52 PM »
With all these injured strikers it's a crying shame we didn't manage to sign Michael Owen in the summer.

Offline Dribbler

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2010, 04:43:26 PM »
Goodbye John. Yes you were good now and than but mostly you have been "stealing" money from us.

I know, it's like slipping a wad of £20 notes in a stripper's G string and then not even gettting a lap dance for your trouble. Disgraceful!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal