collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If you ran the game...  (Read 9981 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: If you ran the game...
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 01:31:54 PM »
- Goal line technology

-Third umpire for major contentious issues (penalties, offsides and the like)

-Revert to the original offsde law. The modification was well intentioned, but this 'second phase' nonsense is getting beyond farcical. I think most can see the difference between a player on the opposite side of the pitch to where play is actually happening and clearly not interfering with play being given the benefit of the doubt over a player chasing the ball into the box, impacting on play, being offside and not being given offside.

-Make refs accountable and required to explain contentious decisions (if the above hasn't alleviated it) in post match interviews. They shouldn't be allowed to duck and hide when they fcuk up - managers and players aren't.

-Scrap the ridiculous yellow card rule for over celebrating a goal. Outside of a player celebrating in front of opposition fans there is no call for it. It's just petty, and marks officialdom out to be Head Master/ traffic warden types -  that isn't always the case. As it stands the refs have no choice but to enforce it as if they don't they get marked down.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 03:35:45 PM »
Retrospective yellow cards for diving.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »
I'd get the hell rid of that absurd rule that a player who receives treatment HAS to go off the field. It has not stopped play-acting, as was the intention in the first place, and now just punishes teams for getting injuries. It's utterly surreal.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 04:35:12 PM »
Remove the Bosman ruling.
How will that help anything?
It would bring down wages and stop players thinking they can sign a long contract,and ask for a move with 18 month's to go.

Offline Monty

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 04:36:45 PM »
You can't just remove the Bosman ruling. It was a legal decision made by the courts, not a regulation from FIFA, and can't be changed unless the EU fundamentally changes most of its labour rights laws - which it obviously won't.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »
You can't just remove the Bosman ruling. It was a legal decision made by the courts, not a regulation from FIFA, and can't be changed unless the EU fundamentally changes most of its labour rights laws - which it obviously won't.
Football is the only sport in the EU with it.Why the club's don't get together and fight it in the European court is beyond me.

Offline Monty

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 04:41:50 PM »
I would imagine because, with the millions at their disposal to find the best lawyers, they have received the advice that it's impossible. Otherwise, why wouldn't they? Like you say, the ruling is hardly in their interests.

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 06:57:24 PM »
I'd also like to see straight red for a dive or shirt pulling, lets try to claw back a bit of gentlemanly conduct.

I like the fixed price per league idea and the play to the 90 after the game stops for injuries too.

This one's a bit of a personal choice but I'd like to do away with the celebrity culture that happens with footballers in this day and age. In addition to doing away with agents and letting the P.F.A. controlling such matters, I would do away with the whole endorsements side of things, I don't want to see them peddling aftershave or cars, or releasing ghost written autobiographies when they're only half way into their playing careers, Charity/community work should be compulsory and rather than be treated with kid gloves when they get into a spot of bother, the book should thrown at them to diminish the whole I'm above the law mentality some of the players seem to have.

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 07:01:18 PM »
Any club caught with fans making racist chants fined £1,000,000. If the fine system that the FA had set up stung any club to the point of financial in-sustainability and possible extinction for any of those bringing the game into disrepute that'd make those idiots who love their clubs think twice.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 10:07:37 PM »
Remove the Bosman ruling.
How will that help anything?
It would bring down wages and stop players thinking they can sign a long contract,and ask for a move with 18 month's to go.
And what's the alternative? A player not able to move ever if his club says that he can't.

If a club has the right to ditch a player at the end of his contract (say, Marlon Harewood) then a player should have the right to leave at the end of the contract as well (say, Gareth Barry).

There's no loyaly in football, but that applies to the clubs just as much as it does to the players.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 09:12:01 AM »
If I ruled the football world.....

1. limit all wages to a maximum of 1,000 per week [I bet 100% of them would except cus they would find it hard to get that money outside of footbal, they can earn what they like via sponsorships deals ala Beckham Rooney et al...]

2. with the above in place reduce entrance tickets to £5 max

3. TV money can be retianed by the clubs to plough back into player development and improve financial and supporter conditions.

4. one shirt for at least two seasons [released on the first saturday in July every other year]

5. Send off any player that argues / abuses refs [our own Mr Young would have to watch himself as I am sick of his constant moaning to the refs]

6. Same as above for the manager

7. scrap first half injury time [all games finish the first half and start the second at the same time] and add it all to the end of the second half

8. 3pm Saturday kick off for at least 90% of league matches

9. SHA renamed 'dog shit alliance'

10. Player contracts actually meaning something

11. Managers to stay in place for the full season

12. That fat geordie who is always on MOTD and SKY with his shirt off should be sent overseas as part of the UK famine re leaf effort

13. And finally... ban the chuffing England band from every football ground in the world [I am sick of the great escape theme!!!]

Mark
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:13:42 AM by MarkM »

Offline Beijing Villan

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 02:28:35 PM »
1.  Ref & Assistants have to review the entire game on TV within 48 hours of the match being played. They have the power to rescind yellow/red cards due to errors and to award yellow/red cards for things they missed such as diving, cheating and so forth.

2.  Greater sharing of TV money between top and bottom of football pyramid as others have suggested.

3.  Max 3 non-EU players per team. Minimum homegrown rules as per other suggestions.

4.  Controversial one - Off side only in the box. This would encourage the use of width, passing to feet (little point trying to play over the top hoofs when the defence have men back covering wingers) and also set up more one on one opportunities due to spreading out the players on the pitch.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »
scrap the premier league, tell any clubs that dont want to be a part of the new league div 1, to go and set up there own European league, and take the SKY money with them.

hopefully this would mean the 'big 4' plus 1 or 2 others would slide away, and we would be left with 3 oclock kick offs on a saturday, no SKY live super sundays, not much money to overpay players, most of the foriegn owners would go because there would be no money in it anymore,

oh, and only league players can play for England, those that played in the European league would be banned, we still wouldnt be much good, but at least those left would be wanting to play.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »
1.  Bring back safe standing
2.  Make it obstruction when you shield the ball to allow it to run out play - this has boiled my piss for years
4.  Never to the 39th game
5.  Never to Celtic or Rangers in the PL
6.  Only two lives games a week, the other 8 kick off at 3pm on Saturday
7.  Sack the FA and get real football supporters with common sense to make decision like ticket allocations for Wembley and getting rid of Club Wembley seats behind the goals.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 04:39:06 PM »
I would like one challenge option with red hankie for manager each half to review referee decision. To stop idiots referee making too many mistakes. Similar to NFL but it can only be available to top level football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal