collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 56612 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Fulham v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »
It's only surprising because it's not surprising. Seriously if you did a comparison of late goals conceded and scored there can't be many sets of fans who suffer as much misery as us. Bollocks to bad luck though, if you can't concentrate for the whole game you're liable to get punished.

Thank fuck we have a game in 3 or 4 days, I wouldn't want them going into the ManUre game feeling sorry for themselves.

And you expect us to beat Blackpool?

Offline RogerS

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 05:01:35 PM »
A lot of sweary angst on here. I hope when we've all got over the disappointment we can see the positives of deserving to win an away game in the Premier League with basically our youth team.

Agreed.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 05:01:47 PM »
Bottleless.

Albrighton is idiotic.

yeah right thats why he scored a brilliant goal FFS duff threw himself down with barely any contact we were just unlucky with the injuries we had i thught we played well apart from Ashley young and warnock

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 05:01:54 PM »
5th bottom now.

They've got the points wrong, actually. We have 13, not 12, and are actually 13th.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »
5th bottom now.

the tables means little when 3 points more puts you in 5th. The concern is not converting chances. Eventually the gap will widen if we don't.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »
A lot of sweary angst on here. I hope when we've all got over the disappointment we can see the positives of deserving to win an away game in the Premier League with basically our youth team.

Of course to a point, you are right.  However, bollocks to that, they are a bunch of useless twats who do it time and time again.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 05:02:29 PM »
It's easy (and probably right) to point the finger at Albrighton - stupid free kick to give away and we all knew what would happen.  But it was the only thing he did wrong nearly all game and he took his goal brilliantly.  For me Ash has to bear some of the blame and the chances missed by him and Fonz are what really cost us - we had enough chances to put this game out of sight well before added time.  We desperately need a quality striker - even when our others are fit we don't score anywhere near enough goals- and I think Houllier will address that in January

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 05:02:30 PM »
I refuse to watch the last 10 mins of a game for the rest of the season. Fed up of seeing us fall at the death.
What makes it worse is we can all see it coming.
The kids did ok.
Downing/A.Young need to buck up. If we had a full squad available I'd drop them to give em a kick up the backside.

Offline Archieavfc

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »
Thats it, i am done with football, why should we care so fucking much when the players will now drive their Ferrari's back to their mansion feeling nowhere near as depressed about the game as us.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 05:02:53 PM »
I would have taken a nervy 3 points. The big thing is what GH already knows. Yes, we have a problem up front, but the midfield players, namely Ash today, are not smart. They don't take advantage of opportunities. He had numerous chances today to make something happen, and for our "best" player, it isn't good enough. Maybe he isn't cut out to be the focal point of this team, because you cannot rely on him to be somthing we build around.
My thoughts exactly Tonto, he was petulant and berating his team mates and when he had the chances to step up to the plate he failed miserably, he looks like he is playing for himself not the team

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2010, 05:02:59 PM »

This.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
I'm really fed up with Ashley Young. Too often he makes the wrong decisions.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
We played brilliant today... why the fuck couldn't we be brilliant for 10 more seconds? Spineless conceding something as pathetic as that in the last few seconds. My evening which would of been great and saying how amazing everyone played has been ruined.

The defending for that freekick was woeful but there was no need to give a stupid freekick like that.

After playing so great why do we let ourselves down? We should of won easily and taken the 3 points... dropping 2 points in such a stupid way in the last few seconds is going to annoy me for a while.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 05:03:37 PM »
Bottleless.

Albrighton is idiotic.

yeah right thats why he scored a brilliant goal FFS duff threw himself down with barely any contact we were just unlucky with the injuries we had i thught we played well apart from Ashley young and warnock

He was waiting for the challenge. There was no need for Albrighton to go in on him at that point.

toplad4u

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2010, 05:03:49 PM »
Always said that Gérard Houllier was the wrong man for Villa he should resign 30% win percentage just isn't good enough! Should of had Kevin Mac!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal