collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: "Prepared" for Fulham, the best away trip  (Read 22801 times)

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
Re: "Prepared" for Fulham, the best away trip
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 08:59:53 AM »
Fulham is a great away day. £3.80 a pint is not so great.

Clampy that is cheap compared to £3.95 a pint in my South Cambs village, 
London prices, Cambridge wages..

best away day.

UTV

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 09:27:59 AM »
Must try and go next season!

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 09:36:07 AM »
Diverting from the topic I know, but a mate of mine works on the bar at O2 Academy, he says the beer costs so much when they have gigs on there to subsidise the reduced drinks prices at their weekend club nights. So those of us who prefer to keep music live are getting exploited, not for the first time. Grrr.

Hope all the Villa fans going to Fulham tomorrow have a great day, hopefully with our winning goal coming from an unlikely source- Habib Beye perhaps?

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 09:43:38 AM »
Fulham is my favourite away trip.
That beautiful stadium with the superb Archibald Leitch (the same architect of VP) facade in red bricks, the Cottage itself, the tranquil streets around the ground, the unique location in  the middle of Bishop Park and alongside the river, the nice pubs around Putney Bridge, the walk alongside the river Thames from the tube station to the away End,  and the nice relationships with their decent, loyal, not glory-hunter fans; all these things make Fulham a beautiful day out. The Italian contingent will be present, as usual. . .
I'm looking forward to meeting you and the other Latin Lions, Archie. If Villa could score a goal, that would be a nice bonus!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 10:15:32 AM »
Sorry to stray from popular opinion here, but I found the place a bit of a dump that lacked atmosphere, let alone paying full whack to sit in a temporary stand with about two urinals serving the whole stand.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 10:24:11 AM »
Looking forward to it couple a beer's and hopefully see the lads win good day out.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 10:25:24 AM »
Great Away game. I remember been brought a pint because someone liked my Ellis 666 shirt. Got in the ground, had a great time, then randomly about 80 minutes in the game a chinese fulham fan decided to start shouting at me and my mates. We just pissed ourselves.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »
Looking forward to tomorrow. Is it worthwhile venturing into Putney for pre match drinks, or even along the river opposite the ground?

As the last couple of times we've been there we've found the 2 pubs right by the tube station to be rammed by midday. Therefore we've gone accross the bridge but always ended up in the first pub you come to, which is just an Aussie Bar like the one on Broad St!

So was wondering if it's worth going on further into Putney?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 10:48:02 AM »
Attending a football match at Fulham is about as far removed from attending one at Villa Park as it is possible to imagine.

Great day out.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »
Best away day in the Premier League.

Offline J

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 10:51:52 AM »
We're driving down tomorrow, does anybody know of a place to get parked remotely near the ground?

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 10:52:37 AM »
Attending a football match at Fulham is about as far removed from attending one at Villa Park as it is possible to imagine.

Great day out.

What paulie said.  The ground may be 'antiquated' but the drink before the game, the view and atmosphere in the ground, and the drink afterwards are splendid.  As good as it gets at a football match, with possibly the exception of european games.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »
Sorry to stray from popular opinion here, but I found the place a bit of a dump that lacked atmosphere, let alone paying full whack to sit in a temporary stand with about two urinals serving the whole stand.

Not sure which Villa game at Fulham you went to where there was no atmosphere created by the Villa fans?

Fair enough, you have to plan ahead if you want a piss, the ground is made up of 4 totally unrelated stands (one of which is a masterpeice - take a look at it from the outside and if you squint you can almost see traces of the old Trinity) and the tickets are 35 quid. It's not the Emirates ( thankfully), it's the closest thing you'll get to a "proper" football ground though. The cottage in the corner is a wonderful quirk, the kind of eccentricity that you no longer see at most premier league grounds

And that cheeky monkey, Al-Fayed, usually flogs his 4 quid bottles of lager throughout the whole match, flaunting FA rules.

I'm looking forward to getting mugged again by Woodhall on the Stevenage Road...... American Express, chief?

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 11:40:20 AM »
Love going to Fulham a proper ground

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 12:29:58 PM »
Myself and a few mates will be drinking in the Crabtree on Rainville Road from 1pm. Beautiful old pub right on the river. Good ale and good food. Its a short walk from Hammersmith tube and then a pleasant stroll to the ground.

http://thecrabtreew6.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal