collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Match media at Villa Park  (Read 48061 times)

Offline PONGO49

Re: Match media at Villa Park
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
a winning team would be the best entertainment i can ask for

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 04:39:59 PM »
another thing

When there is injury time please keep the clock running so we will know how much time left :)

Offline vilan461

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »
--1--  i sit in the Upper Holte,and keep looking for the blinking Big Screen ( as do the folk around me )which used to occupy the corner between the North Stand and Deadly Doug stand, i know this is repetative but  it only goes to show how many of us miss the screen, to replace it with the tiddly thing by the cornerflag which shows more dam adverts than anything else, is a wee bit feeble imo, i have to really crane my neck to get a glimpse of the Holte screen, this must contravene some health & safety criteria surely???? i doubt very much if anyone at the back of K1--K3 can glimpse The Holte Screen.
  Please ,please bring back The North Stand screen, 
  --2--The P.A. system in K1 K2 is very very very difficult to follow, it at times is neither clear nor loud,on Sunday i really concentrated and stared straight at the nearest speaker---but no joy!!

-

Offline tone57

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »
Can only agree strongly with other comments. Sitting in the upper Trinity Stand, I feel badly let down this season because you've taken away the big screen. That has always been enjoyed, yet you just remove it. Great way to treat your season ticket holders.

So what can be improved -
Never mind 'content' because we can't see it (big screen) and can't hear it (lousy pa).
Bring back the big screen now, and improve the pa one day before I die.

There's your feedback, from so many who care, let's see it if is listened to and acted upon

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 06:59:06 PM »

As someone who sits in the Upper Trinity, I am of the same view - appalling decision.

The tacky thing 'replacing' it, however temporary is very Tamworth FC *.( place any non league club here*)

Non-league fans don't need big screens (or even tacky replacements) to keep us amused for the few minutes before and between the actual football, we find talking to each other fills the gap admirably.

Offline swiss1968

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »
The tannoy system is awful in every stand,all of the so called bigger teams have booming sound everywhere,should be the first thing you should get right.. >:(

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »
I would just be happy with Sky Sports News and any live game being shown- on the screens prior to kick off.

Offline Top Cat

• GM : 03.02.2023
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »
I sit in Lower Trinity and really miss the big screen.   Everytime I look at the scoreboard by The Cornerflag its showing adverts.

The PA system on the otherhand seems to work OK and is often a little loud!

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 09:51:48 PM »
1. Scoreboard back and better PA system as stated.
2. Live scores coming up during our match.
3. Previous games to be shown on the concourse.
4. Advertise deals/items Villa are selling. Be that match tickets, food or merchandise.
5. Maybe text competitions before the match and at halftime you give the result and various prizes.
6. Up to date match odds on screens before the game kicks off (not sure if this is already done).

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 10:40:26 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts so far.
- Removal of the large video screen was incorporated into one of the Club's most recent renovation projects conducted on the North Stand's R-Block this past off-season.  It was undertaken as part of ongoing efforts to improve certain aspects of Grounds.  At the present time, there are no immediate plans for its replacement; however, to help with the  communication of pre-match video and player-specific information during the match, we are experimenting with various video content formats that can convey this type of information from the new (video system) located above the Cornerflag.  We will endeavor to continually address the concerns expressed and hopefully develop a solution that meets with everyone’s approval.

Out of interest, which aspects of the ground were improved by the removal of the screen?

I can't really see much difference beyond the fact we get a better view of the old BT depot.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 11:32:28 PM »

As someone who sits in the Upper Trinity, I am of the same view - appalling decision.

The tacky thing 'replacing' it, however temporary is very Tamworth FC *.( place any non league club here*)

Non-league fans don't need big screens (or even tacky replacements) to keep us amused for the few minutes before and between the actual football, we find talking to each other fills the gap admirably.

I am not discussing that though - more so that that sign thing is more appropriate at a lower league club's ground.

I don't think you understand the statement.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 07:22:44 AM »

I am not discussing that though - more so that that sign thing is more appropriate at a lower league club's ground.

I don't think you understand the statement.

I did, but felt duty bound to defend Tamworth from your scurrilous attempts to defame them!

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 09:12:13 AM »
I'm in the Trinity Lower and miss the big screen, so must the Upper/Middle Tier of the Trinity, Upper Holte and Lower North, that must be at least 20,000 seats. I wonder if you are charging the advertisers less for being on the single screen now.

I was also at the American Football at Wembley and the pre-match and half-time entertainment ideas they had there are worth looking at. These included things like videos on the screens that the ground could interact with (and see, unlike the promotions usually run on the screens at VP), interacting with fans, detailed updates of other games etc...

Villa Park is no worse than any other Premier League team in terms of this, but we could do some much more.

PS - Agree with Chico's post, bring back the A.S.T.O.N V.I.L.LA. clocks somewhere too please.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2010, 01:52:34 PM »
Hi.  Im Andy.  Im a Villa Season ticket holder in Upper Trinity, and I and my wife also miss the big screen.  That little thing looks like it has come off the back of a Transit in Crewe, and is a piece of tut.  No one has given a decent answer as to why t'big-un hasnt been replaced.  If it cost too much to run and our money was instead used to pay for Ashley Youngs new boots, I would understand, but all we seem to get is wishywashyness.  The tannoy system for us tends to comically miss out parts of names, and also has the tendency to be set to "Earbleedinglyloudness", so I look forward to the day that this is phased out.  Up until this point, maybe we could use a system of chinese whispers.  Hopefully when the squad is then revealed, I wouldnt hear Reo-Coker as he would have become Schwienstiegger, and Carew become Drogbha.   On a serious point, if I had a choice, I would like to know other scores in the football league, not just premier if possible, I am a football fan, and interested in whats going on.  It will be nice in a few years to hear how the Blues are competing in the fourth tier

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
I might get shot down in flames for this but, anyway, here goes:  I'd simply love to see the old-style wooden scoreboards come back.  The ones where a letter on the board would represent the scoreline from another match.  If we go on to redevelop the North Stand in a traditional "Villa way" then I think bringing these back would go a long way in adding to the uniqueness of the ground.  In fact it would totally make Villa Park stand out as place that champions the old ways of football.

I appreciate this is the twenty-first century, though, and the screens are a source of income and entertainment. 

With a little ingenuity maybe we could have both?  Maybe even get some graphic designers to knock up an old-fashioned scoreboard display that can be broadcast up on the big screens?  The genuine article would be preferable, though, for me(!)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal