collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:43:25 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:40:18 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:43:25 PM]

Re: Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:41:54 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:40:18 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:38:03 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:32:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Match media at Villa Park  (Read 48064 times)

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
Re: Match media at Villa Park
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »
A couple of ideas for the Holte and David Tarrgett Suites. If there is no live game pre match being televised via Sky etc could a licence be bought to show old  Villa games via DVD? Also, on the odd occassion could we have an ex-player doing a Q&A in the Holte Suite?

Also and I understand this is not in your remit but can I add my voice to the dismay of the big screen removal from the North Stand.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »
I sense a sticky thead...

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 12:09:52 PM »
As another Upper trinity ST holder, I also miss the big screeen between the North Stand and the Doug. 

As for what to show, repeats of the Inbetweeners wouldn't be a bad start!

Offline kieron

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 12:11:50 PM »
1) Big screen. Must come back, plenty reasons why above.

2) Wireless internet access. Due to congestion/dense number of people in a small area it's hard enough to get a phone signal to receive text messages, let alone access the 'net for half time scores and pre match build up banter. Giving fans some wireless internet access would be VERY welcome. There are enough access points in and around VP as it is at the moment, seemingly for corporate guests and staff alone. Maybe one could be created for season ticket holders, or even on a small fee subscription basis?

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »
I think we should have in-built TV screens on the back of all seats. Like they do on aeroplanes. And we should be able to plug in our earphones to listen to the commentary/classical music/Radio2 etc.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 12:21:20 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts so far.
- Removal of the large video screen was incorporated into one of the Club's most recent renovation projects conducted on the North Stand's R-Block this past off-season.  It was undertaken as part of ongoing efforts to improve certain aspects of Grounds.  At the present time, there are no immediate plans for its replacement; however, to help with the  communication of pre-match video and player-specific information during the match, we are experimenting with various video content formats that can convey this type of information from the new (video system) located above the Cornerflag.  We will endeavor to continually address the concerns expressed and hopefully develop a solution that meets with everyone’s approval.

As as Holte End season ticket holder for many years I was very unhappy to see the screen on the North Stand was removed. I was even more unhappy to see the pitiful little screen by the cornerflag which replaced it. If this screen is what you are referring to as an experiment, in my opinion its not up to scratch. The main thing for me and possibly thousands like me is to have that screen replaced as soon as possible. I personally think it was bad form to remove it especially as it faces one of the largest and consistently most populated stand in the ground. I know this sounds very blunt and critical but I think I have to be honest and make you aware that removing the large screen was a very big mistake in my opinion.

I agree with the above reply.

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »

2) Wireless internet access. Due to congestion/dense number of people in a small area it's hard enough to get a phone signal to receive text messages, let alone access the 'net for half time scores and pre match build up banter. Giving fans some wireless internet access would be VERY welcome. There are enough access points in and around VP as it is at the moment, seemingly for corporate guests and staff alone. Maybe one could be created for season ticket holders, or even on a small fee subscription basis?

I agree with this one, apart from the small fee being paid.

I am an easy man to please, all I want at half time is the score and scorers in the other prem games, and then each division's half times, I would get them on my phone if I could, not that we have many saturday games.

The other screen needs to come back.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 12:34:41 PM »
Big Screen to come back, and when it does good halftime news round-up, goalscorers, reports etc.
Why can't we just feed into SSN ?

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 12:38:17 PM »
2. Stop closing the shutters in Ramsay's bar 30 minutes before KO. Pointless rule that has been in place for years but has no real explanation whether it is a club rule or a Premier League rule I don't know. Sunderland fans have a bar where they can drink through glass/perspex. People in executive boxes can watch the whole game through glass/perspex whilst drinking. I know it needs to close to stop fans staying downstairs and watching the game but why not close them 10 minutes before rather than 30?

I thought it was illegal for any alcohol to be drunk whilst in sight of the pitch during a game in the stadium whether in the stands or in the boxes.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »

Totally agree this was going to be my suggestion

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 01:47:18 PM »
2. Stop closing the shutters in Ramsay's bar 30 minutes before KO. Pointless rule that has been in place for years but has no real explanation whether it is a club rule or a Premier League rule I don't know. Sunderland fans have a bar where they can drink through glass/perspex. People in executive boxes can watch the whole game through glass/perspex whilst drinking. I know it needs to close to stop fans staying downstairs and watching the game but why not close them 10 minutes before rather than 30?

I thought it was illegal for any alcohol to be drunk whilst in sight of the pitch during a game in the stadium whether in the stands or in the boxes.

They're all Freemasons mate.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 02:31:17 PM »
I am an easy man to please, all I want at half time is the score and scorers in the other prem games, and then each division's half times, I would get them on my phone if I could, not that we have many saturday games.

Sod phones.

Bring back the old 1970s style pitch side score things:

"A     B
1-0  1-1 "

etc, with the key printed in the program.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 02:49:48 PM »

Sod phones.

Bring back the old 1970s style pitch side score things:

"A     B
1-0  1-1 "

etc, with the key printed in the program.

A 1-0... Shit, the reserves are one down!

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 02:50:57 PM »
This is getting a bit repetitive, but I agree with all those who want the North stand screen back.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 02:59:02 PM »
Sorry if this suggestion is a bit low-tec but can't we get a couple of Aston Villa clocks back like we used to have in the corner of the old Trinity?

Would be a nice touch

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal