collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Match media at Villa Park  (Read 48023 times)

Offline match.media@avfc

• avfc.co.uk
Match media at Villa Park
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:14:46 AM »
Hi All,
I work in the club's Media Department and have opened this account to try and get your input on what you would like to see in and around the ground on a match-day through the various media outlets we have.
These include the concourse and hospitality TVs, the large screens in the Holte and North Stand car parks, the large Holte End screen and the new video scoreboard.
Hopefully this will open a channel of communication to make the match-day experience better. You are the people in and around the stadium, so we are open to any reasonable suggestions about what you would like to see and hear.

Thanks

Offline Lucky Eddie

Re: Match media at Villa Park
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »
Great start; those three thousand 'clowns' were quite funny on Sunday.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
could you tell us the thining behind the "new Video scoreboard" instead of putting the old Giant Video Screen back?

Surely a Full Video Screen does the same job and more than a "Video Scoreboard"

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:23:56 AM »
Tough one, we're more used to watching what we're given.

Thinking cap time !!

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 11:24:03 AM »
Has the large screen at the opposite end to the Holte gone for ever, never to be seen again?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:25:39 AM »
Nigel Kennedy playing in Villa shirt wouldn't be a bad 'filler' ?

Offline match.media@avfc

• avfc.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 11:31:25 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts so far.
- Removal of the large video screen was incorporated into one of the Club's most recent renovation projects conducted on the North Stand's R-Block this past off-season.  It was undertaken as part of ongoing efforts to improve certain aspects of Grounds.  At the present time, there are no immediate plans for its replacement; however, to help with the  communication of pre-match video and player-specific information during the match, we are experimenting with various video content formats that can convey this type of information from the new (video system) located above the Cornerflag.  We will endeavor to continually address the concerns expressed and hopefully develop a solution that meets with everyone’s approval.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
OK, here's my list.

1. The Plasma TV's in the concourse (am talking about Holte End Upper) a lot of the time just show adverts, and the same adverts over and over again. Recently this has improved and it shows the live game on Sky Sports (if there is one) which is great. A lot of the time the sound is off though for some reason. Get the sound on and all will be well. When that game is finished please show the same footage that the people looking at the screen in the ground are watching.

2. Stop closing the shutters in Ramsay's bar 30 minutes before KO. Pointless rule that has been in place for years but has no real explanation whether it is a club rule or a Premier League rule I don't know. Sunderland fans have a bar where they can drink through glass/perspex. People in executive boxes can watch the whole game through glass/perspex whilst drinking. I know it needs to close to stop fans staying downstairs and watching the game but why not close them 10 minutes before rather than 30?

3. Re-instate the TV screen at the North Stand end. Was really useful for replays, seeing the teams etc. Can see no reason for it's disappearance.

4. The tannoy in the Holte Upper can barely be heard it's ridiculous. Drive up to Hillsborough and listen to their PA, like being in the Ministry of Sound nightclub. Get the same people who put that in to put ours in.

There are probably more but that's it for now - simple! ;)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 11:44:34 AM »
Would it be possible to put Sky Sport's New's on the screen or have a live match on before kick off.

Offline K3Villa

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »
- Removal of the large video screen was incorporated into one of the Club's most recent renovation projects conducted on the North Stand's R-Block this past off-season.  It was undertaken as part of ongoing efforts to improve certain aspects of Grounds.  At the present time, there are no immediate plans for its replacement; however, to help with the  communication of pre-match video and player-specific information during the match, we are experimenting with various video content formats that can convey this type of information from the new (video system) located above the Cornerflag.  We will endeavor to continually address the concerns expressed and hopefully develop a solution that meets with everyone’s approval.

As as Holte End season ticket holder for many years I was very unhappy to see the screen on the North Stand was removed. I was even more unhappy to see the pitiful little screen by the cornerflag which replaced it. If this screen is what you are referring to as an experiment, in my opinion its not up to scratch. The main thing for me and possibly thousands like me is to have that screen replaced as soon as possible. I personally think it was bad form to remove it especially as it faces one of the largest and consistently most populated stand in the ground. I know this sounds very blunt and critical but I think I have to be honest and make you aware that removing the large screen was a very big mistake in my opinion.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 11:50:47 AM »
- Removal of the large video screen was incorporated into one of the Club's most recent renovation projects conducted on the North Stand's R-Block this past off-season.  It was undertaken as part of ongoing efforts to improve certain aspects of Grounds.  At the present time, there are no immediate plans for its replacement; however, to help with the  communication of pre-match video and player-specific information during the match, we are experimenting with various video content formats that can convey this type of information from the new (video system) located above the Cornerflag.  We will endeavor to continually address the concerns expressed and hopefully develop a solution that meets with everyone’s approval.

As as Holte End season ticket holder for many years I was very unhappy to see the screen on the North Stand was removed. I was even more unhappy to see the pitiful little screen by the cornerflag which replaced it. If this screen is what you are referring to as an experiment, in my opinion its not up to scratch. The main thing for me and possibly thousands like me is to have that screen replaced as soon as possible. I personally think it was bad form to remove it especially as it faces one of the largest and consistently most populated stand in the ground. I know this sounds very blunt and critical but I think I have to be honest and make you aware that removing the large screen was a very big mistake in my opinion.

I agree. Fair enough it had to be taken down for the renovations but why not put it back up afterwards?

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »
Unfortunately with the tannoy system being as poor as it is (throughout the ground, I believe) and, according to the General, will not be upgraded till the North Stand is re-built, then I feel that there is little need for interviews/match day presenter making announcements etc. as they cannot be heard.  Announcements should be shown on the screens, both inside the refreshment areas and outside on the big screen and the other screens.

As already mentioned, the showing of the live match pre kick off and/or Sky Sports news will be very welcome in the concourses.  These should terminate at least 10 minutes before kick off so that spectators hopefully take their seats prior to the teams taking the field.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 11:52:47 AM »
Would it be worth merging this thread with the other pre-match entertainment thread that was started and maybe stickying it so that it gets more attention?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 11:55:22 AM »

As someone who sits in the Upper Trinity, I am of the same view - appalling decision.

The tacky thing 'replacing' it, however temporary is very Tamworth FC *.( place any non league club here*)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »
I understand the explanation as to why the video screen in the North / Witton corner was taken down, but I wonder if the club realise how many people miss it.

Even now, I'm constantly looking up to see it, forgetting it isn't there any more. I can just about see the Holte / Trinity one, but it involves a lot of neck craning, and I reckon most of the rows behind us (G, A3) won't even be able to see it.

It has had a very detrimental effect on the way we use media on match day, in my opinion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal