collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season so far: Who gets a pass? Must try harder?  (Read 6843 times)

Offline wombat

Re: Season so far: Who gets a pass? Must try harder?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 04:55:41 PM »
I think that rather than just Pass or Must Try Harder we have another problem of regardless of how hard they try they ain't gonna cut it.

Step forward Coker (if you could have Cokers engine, tackling and doggedness mixed with Petrov's ability when it comes to passing and making runs into the box we would have one hell of a player... who most likely wouldn't be playing for us), Sidwell (you can't fault his effort, but it's not happening for him) and Heskey (yes I know he has done well recently but really on his own up front we aren't going to get more than 8-10 goals out of him).

To say we have a problem in midfield is a massive understatement!

Must try harders to Ash Young (he needs to be put back on the wing, not effective playing with the striker), Carew (this guy is shot physically and mentally I think), Dunny, Warnock (what is it about the 1st 10 mins of the 2nd half he is often on another planet).

Passes to Downing, Freidel, L Young, Collins (although whoever told him he could pass the ball should be shot!!), Albrighton.

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »
Stephen Warnock has been close to awful for nearly a year now. He'll be one of the first out the door if he doesn't improve. I wouldn't give a fiddlers if he was sold.

John Carew has been laughably woeful. I said in the summer he should go. He starts every season like this, but this year is the worst. He has the absolute touch of a rapist, never looks interested and obviously doesn't care any more. Pretty sad when some deluded fans still sing his name. He obviously doesn't care about those fans.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »
Clearly I'm not as impressed by NRC as the majority are.

Yes, he runs around a lot and can be destructive but his passing is very poor on a lot of occasions and as for his play near the opposition goal......................................

Totally agree he has done ok but if we are going to really progress he is not the soloution .........

I'd second these view points.

We need better. Far better than Nigel Reo Coker in that position.

Last year he should have played more than he did but he's not good enough to be a defensive midfielder in a team who want to be where we want to be.

Offline peter w

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 02:49:59 PM »
Sidwell gets a pass

...but then gives it straight to the opposition.

Didn't see that coming

said Sidwell

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 12:45:50 AM »
fine

friedel, beye, L young, Collins, Clark, downing

improving
reo coker, heskey, a young, albrighton, bannan, cuellar

unacceptable
dunne, carew, delfouneso, sidwell, ireland, warnock, petrov

to be honest I think Dunne is improving but his condition for the first number of games was unacceptable. Sidwell is a limited player and a holding midfielder only. Decent against Sunderland. Maybe its a bit too easy to blame him. Delfouneso must be utter scutter in training not to get a chance at home to Burnley. Petrov was ok against Chelsea but utter shit in a number of other games including Wolves. Reo Coker has been steady more than spectacular Id argue. Excellent against Sunderland but an awful captains performance against Birmingham. Have ranked this as to what the player is capable of - Ashley Young is capable of more but until we have a centre forward that can run and threatens the opposition goal and a centre midfielder capable of passing him decent ball he will be up against it.

Offline peter w

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »
Harsh on Petrov. He can only be as good as the bloke standing next to him. I think he's been his usual standard so far.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »
Stephen Warnock has been close to awful for nearly a year now. He'll be one of the first out the door if he doesn't improve. I wouldn't give a fiddlers if he was sold.

I wish we had signed that mexican that Fulham did.. he was awesome in the WC and how much was he   £1.5 million..       

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal