collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - I've been waiting for this (Man City Implode)  (Read 21478 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: 0% Villa - I've been waiting for this (Man City Implode)
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
I wonder if Milner sat him on his arse?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 12:32:46 PM »
Nobody is saying they have imploded but its easy to imagine all those prima donnas and over paid shysters falling out with eachother and sulking and whatnot. As Benitez has probably said, "too many egos make the Paella a dish too rich to taste, no?"

Offline mshurst

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 12:53:41 PM »
Silva's not bad Tim - that is if you are watching him against Wolves or Blackpool. If he was that good, he wouldn't be at City I'm afraid. There's a reason he is not at the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid...

Hit the nail on the head there.

They couldn't get players like Messi, Villa, Ronaldo, so they ended up getting Tevez, Da Silva, and Milner.

Man City don't sign the best players ... they sign the B class players. Any player with common sense will no that a team with the functionality of Man City will not succeed in the long run; no matter how much money they chuck at it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »
I remember people saying the same thing about Chelsea when Abramovic arrived and started flashing the cash. Too many egos, too many players to keep happy, not enough top class players etc. They haven't done too badly trophy wise.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »
I remember people saying the same thing about Chelsea when Abramovic arrived and started flashing the cash. Too many egos, too many players to keep happy, not enough top class players etc. They haven't done too badly trophy wise.

They had Jose Mourinho.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »
"Implode" is probably too strong a word but with the egos pulling in different directions they will not fulfill their potential.  Its this sort of thing that gives us, well other more moderately spending clubs a chance to compete with them.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 05:18:04 PM »

They had Jose Mourinho.

And the explanation for the trophies won since he left?

And didn't they finish 2nd and reach the CL semi-final under Ranieri the year before Mourinho arrived? So they weren't exactly imploding before Jose were they.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 05:32:30 PM »
We'll see how much they have imploded in December and January when we play them twice with our 2-8-0 formation

Not far wrong.

I watched them play the Dingles and to be honerst, Citeh played some football that we can only dream of seeeing at VP.

Silva - what a player.

I still think there's an element of Real Madrid about them, so will try anything to win a trophy, to be a Champs League player.

I give Mancini til Xmas.

They lost you silly bugger.

They've got a great collection of players but until they get a great manager they'll struggle to achieve the level of consistency required. They're not shit, they're not great, they're not going to implode but Mancini is too cautious and that will be his undoing.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 06:05:28 PM »
Silva's not bad Tim - that is if you are watching him against Wolves or Blackpool. If he was that good, he wouldn't be at City I'm afraid. There's a reason he is not at the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid...

They couldn't get players like Messi, Villa, Ronaldo, so they ended up getting Tevez, Da Silva, and Milner.

Man City don't sign the best players ... they sign the B class players. Any player with common sense will no that a team with the functionality of Man City will not succeed in the long run; no matter how much money they chuck at it.

I don't necessarily agree with this, though I'm yet to have my socks knocked off by a City purchase, but I do think they're buying players to weaken direct opponents. It weakened Villa, for example. It might not be a popular opinion here given the circumstances surrounding the transfer, but I think if we'd have still had Milner we'd be sitting in the top five right now.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 06:16:08 PM »
I read fat Baz in one of the rags this morning saying everyone was happy and life is good at city or some bollocks like that

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »
Aye, don't think anyone that read that tripe actually believed it. Smelt of absolute desperation.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 07:45:07 PM »
It just shows the grass isn't always greener.

I'm sure all those 'superstars' at Citeh always dreamed of playing for the Mighty Man City when they were little.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 08:07:47 PM »
We'll see how much they have imploded in December and January when we play them twice with our 2-8-0 formation

Not far wrong.

I watched them play the Dingles and to be honerst, Citeh played some football that we can only dream of seeeing at VP.

Silva - what a player.

I still think there's an element of Real Madrid about them, so will try anything to win a trophy, to be a Champs League player.

I give Mancini til Xmas.

They lost you silly bugger.

They've got a great collection of players but until they get a great manager they'll struggle to achieve the level of consistency required. They're not shit, they're not great, they're not going to implode but Mancini is too cautious and that will be his undoing.

I know they lost, I was watching, but some of their play is a joy to see.

Plus, It's not ALL about winning it's the taking part that counts ;-)

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »

I don't necessarily agree with this, though I'm yet to have my socks knocked off by a City purchase, but I do think they're buying players to weaken direct opponents. It weakened Villa, for example. It might not be a popular opinion here given the circumstances surrounding the transfer, but I think if we'd have still had Milner we'd be sitting in the top five right now.

They are following that tactic as did Sir Alex over the years.  It was alleged that was one of the reasons they had spoken to Rooney so that Man U would be severely weakened.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:42 PM »
I've heard plenty of people saying City will challenge for the title this season. Appears to me they'll fall well short of that this season.

They have to finish in the top 4 this season otherwise how many times a season can you spend 300m for it not to work?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal