collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - I've been waiting for this (Man City Implode)  (Read 21500 times)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
0% Villa - I've been waiting for this (Man City Implode)
« on: November 02, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »
It was only a matter of time but its good to see that the cracks are already appearing.  The Sun articles talks of a "city source" so it's hardly the most concrete story, however the talk of bust-ups between Toure/Milner and Adebayor/Kompany are pretty specific.

Sit back and enjoy...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3205348/Man-City-stars-want-Mancini-axed.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:17:49 AM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline Mazrim

Re: 0% Villa - I've been waiting for this (Man City Implode)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 12:16:56 AM »
Milner can come back if he wants.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 12:18:24 AM »

seconded.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 12:21:29 AM »
Definitely.  Like we all predicted he is not playing in his best position in the centre.  From here I can only guess it will get worse as a new manager will no doubt want to add his own players.

Predictable, (in a way) sad and all so avoidable.

On the flip side we'd probably still have MON in charge if Milner was still with us (however, let's not debate the pro's and cons of that again...)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 01:44:30 AM »

for all the money in the world, was it really worth it? I know they have that word "potential" but it's a lot of expensive pieces and egos thrown together. It's going to be volatile. Man City are writing the script for how not to build a winning team, and the whole thing is as fragile as house of cards. There aren't many managers out there who will have the commanding presence to put these wankers in their place. Mourinho certainly isn't coming and I'm struggling after that to think who might be available. Barry out drinking, and Milner, playing out of position and caught up in that mess. Should have stayed and been a hero with us.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 02:35:31 AM »
Liked the quote from Toure's agent about the attitude from players who have been there ''a long time''. What's that in Wastelands, more than 12 months?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 02:46:27 AM »
We had all this 'Man City are about to implode' stuff last season and the season before that.  And if it isn't Man City about to implode, it's Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and whoever.

None of these clubs is going to implode any time soon, least of all Man City, as much as we might like to hope otherwise. That club is on a massively accelerated process of change which is necessarily going to be incredibly turbulent.  What they're having to do currently, because they are starting from a very low baseline, is throw massive salaries at players to get them to go there.  Once the club achieves Champions League football, which may or may not be this season, I would expect it to stabilise to a degree.

If they finish above us, like they did last year, it's 'because they spent all that money on players'.  If they fail, it's 'because they spent all that money on new players'.  You can't have it both ways.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 06:48:02 AM »
The team was never going to gel, it needs time, which the owners won't give this manager, or any manager for that fact.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 07:44:03 AM »
The team won't 'gel' until players go there for footballing reasons. As Hilts says, things may stabilise once they're a winning team.

Fact is, the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona, etc, will talk to a player and ask what he can offer them. At Man City, it seems the other way around - it's like they've sold the player some luxury time-share and a lot of them are simply sitting back, enjoying the ride and calling for drinks.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 08:14:46 AM »
Tevez is now refusing to fly back from Argentina saying he isn't fit enough.

Lolz.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »
Tevez is now refusing to fly back from Argentina saying he isn't fit enough.

Lolz.

Blimey..

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 08:29:44 AM »
We had all this 'Man City are about to implode' stuff last season and the season before that.  And if it isn't Man City about to implode, it's Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and whoever.

None of these clubs is going to implode any time soon, least of all Man City, as much as we might like to hope otherwise. That club is on a massively accelerated process of change which is necessarily going to be incredibly turbulent.  What they're having to do currently, because they are starting from a very low baseline, is throw massive salaries at players to get them to go there.  Once the club achieves Champions League football, which may or may not be this season, I would expect it to stabilise to a degree.

If they finish above us, like they did last year, it's 'because they spent all that money on players'.  If they fail, it's 'because they spent all that money on new players'.  You can't have it both ways.

Or they might implode.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »
Been saying they would implode for ages on various threads here so doesn't come as any surprise. They have thrown together some of the biggest mercenary footballers going such as Tevez and Adebayor with others who are patently over hyped, Jimmy being a unfortunate but good example. Funnily enough, I think their biggest problem is that you can have all the money in the world but it doesn't get you away from the paucity of really good players available who are going to take you to the next level as shown by the lack of top class talent on show at the World Cup....

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 09:14:10 AM »
Milner, playing out of position and caught up in that mess. Should have stayed and been a hero with us.

In the time he's been there he probably has an extra £1m in his bank that he wouldn't have had had he stayed, so I think he'll be OK with playing out of position in the mess.

In many respects, Man City almost have too much money.  They hire a manager and give him all the money he needs, which he of course will spend.  That means a large influx of players to an already big squad, so that puts some noses out of joint and they will need time to settle and discover the best side.  However, due to the money spent the owners expect quick results, so when things falter they pull the trigger and the manager goes.  They then hire a new manager and the process starts again. 

What they need to do is say to any manager, be it Mancini or a new bloke, just work with what you've got for the season and then tell us who you want rid of.  You then get a more solid base to buy and likely find that's it's two or three additions, as opposed to another large influx, and they come into a settled side with a manager firmly in his position.  It won't happen, but that's what I would do!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:15:49 AM by John M »

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 09:20:40 AM »
This happened to Chelsea under Ranieri when they first had the doe. Citeh will need to get a manager who has control and will build a team he wants rather than a load of mercenaries. As long as they still have the money they wo'nt 'implode', but it would be great if they f*cked it up with all the current players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal