collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Steward thread.  (Read 9386 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: The Steward thread.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »
Since I missed the game, is there any video available ?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 02:49:49 PM »
I thought they were overzealous he was only trying to have a laugh in a tense hot atmosphere of a derby game what is the harm in that it made me chuckle and it was stupid if they through him out out over it.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »

Having trouble sleeping Redsox?

Insomnia cure

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
absolutley rediculous, he only headed the ball BACK to the players and lost his balance,
he got thrown out for nothing,

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 04:36:31 PM »
I find the Senior stewards are the main problem with a real attitude. I was waiting to order a beer just before the shutters were coming down at a recent match when i was guided to another place to get my drink. Over comes an unshaven oily looking steward and really starts having a go claiming i will get thrown out if i continue to try and get a drink and spouting about he is in charge etc. It was another steward that guided me there and said i could get a drink in the first place.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »
The club have asked us to say that this incident has been noted, they'll discuss it with the stewards concerned, the lad who was ejected has already been in contact with them and it's expected all will be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. 

Offline jimmy.y

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »
Seen this from the lower holte and it was obvious he had lost his balance and went arse over tip, as soon as he got to his feet he stepped back over the hoarding then  was grabbed by the steward, the way he was manhandled was a disgrace (did it really need 5 stewards to keep hold of him as he was led out  whilst he was not resisting)  the way the stewards handled this was poor and there was a lot of resentment  aimed at them from the section where i sit.
And now both ITV and the BBC have highlighted it i hope them stewards feel proud of themselves,,,
Talking of jobsworth stewards  there is a head steward that stands in the corner of the lower holte  (under the screen) if anyone happens to see him, just watch him he is such a jobsworth really seems to get off on telling the little kids to sit down, but if anyone looks older than 15/16 he never says a word to them (sometimes its funnier watching him than the match)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 06:53:29 PM »
he wasn't let back in.
That was his compensation.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 07:17:06 PM »
The stewards by and large are fine and freindly enough, although i did have a problem with one last season during the Carling Cup Semi in the Upper Holte.

I was walking down to go to the toilet, and because we were on the attack, i stopped on the top of the steps by the barrier to watch and a steward quite angrily told me to move. I looked at him and shook my head and carried on walking down. He clocked me on my return, stared at me and when i was back in my seat, out of the corner of my eye, i could see him standing there staring straight at me, presumably hoping i was going to make eye contact with him, but i did'nt give him the satisfaction. These kind are the worst.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 07:34:52 PM »
Unfortunately its the kind of job, like refereeing, that can attract people who want to wield a bit of power.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 08:18:09 PM »

Offline sheldon nose

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
I thought it was funny as feck,but i know the lad and hes a good boy....as for the stewards who the feck is the guy that  says "he needs to be booted out for what hes just done".....shocking really shocking.....even ridgewell was pissing hisself at it....

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 08:33:31 PM »
I think the crowd should have chucked the stewards out, what a bunch of wankers. 
What would have happened if he had young kids with him? I can just imagine those gorillas listening to him ask about his kids....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:35:49 PM by Fergal »

Offline mozza

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 08:46:58 PM »
I thought it was funny as feck,but i know the lad and hes a good boy....as for the stewards who the feck is the guy that  says "he needs to be booted out for what hes just done".....shocking really shocking.....even ridgewell was pissing hisself at it....

After all the publicity the lad has received - it now seems he might be a Bluenose?!!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 08:48:29 PM »
So what? He did nothing wrong.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal