collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Steward thread.  (Read 9393 times)

Offline Warren Aspinall

The Steward thread.
« on: November 01, 2010, 10:34:55 AM »
They wear high viz jackets & no one likes them. ;D

All comments in here.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:38:42 AM by Warren Aspinall »

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
Re: The Steward thread.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:39:59 AM »
Bar stewards. Hate 'em.

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:43:23 AM »
They were embarrassing and out of order yesterday.

Offline TRO

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »
Had the gent simply had jumped and caught the ball and handed it back to a player in play or a ball boy, would he have been ejected ? I think not.

The club need to apologise.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:08:36 AM »
And that Stewardowning.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 11:10:31 AM »
Reckon the Meaning Evil will run a story about it at some point this week.

Online jembob

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »
It got
Reckon the Meaning Evil will run a story about it at some point this week.
This got a mention on MOTD last night too.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 11:47:10 AM »
I would have thought it highly relevant that a director of a company realises how many customers are unhappy with the treatment another customer received from employees of the company, rather than starting a thread that the director will probably never look at.
Pretty much everyone around me in in the Upper Trinity was wound up by that incident yesterday.

On the other side, there's a couple of stewards where our seats are in A7 who are very helpful and friendly.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 11:49:55 AM »
I would be interested to hear a Steward's opinion on the matter.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
I would have thought it highly relevant that a director of a company realises how many customers are unhappy with the treatment another customer received from employees of the company, rather than starting a thread that the director will probably never look at.
Pretty much everyone around me in in the Upper Trinity was wound up by that incident yesterday.

On the other side, there's a couple of stewards where our seats are in A7 who are very helpful and friendly.

Mods asked for a separate thread mate. You could always PM the General

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 11:51:40 AM »

Asking questions is one thing, but an entire debate was in full flow on there about this one topic, and as we all know when that happens everything else gets held up. But you can guarantee this thread will be looked at in some detail by senior Villa officials, so please can we have it kept above the level of they're all a load of jobsworths/Nazis/bastards.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 11:54:10 AM »

Mods asked for a separate thread mate. You could always PM the General

I know as I was going to post on the General's thread, which is what my comment was aimed at.
To me it would be easier if he could scroll down and read the posts rather than have to check x amount of PM.

Edited to add: thanks for the further explanation Dave.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 11:59:34 AM »
Does anyone know for sure that he wasnt let back into the ground and didnt get an apology at the time? I only saw him picking himself up from the wrong side of the boards and getting dragged off and didn't see him stack it. Maybe the stewards didn't see it either and thought he was trying to get on the pitch. Just a thought.

Offline Sheldon_Villa

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 01:09:39 PM »
he wasn't let back in.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »
Does anyone know for sure that he wasnt let back into the ground and didnt get an apology at the time? I only saw him picking himself up from the wrong side of the boards and getting dragged off and didn't see him stack it. Maybe the stewards didn't see it either and thought he was trying to get on the pitch. Just a thought.

Unlikely as by the time the stewards got to him (they're not the most mobile at the best of times) he'd helped himself back over in to the stand.  If they thought he was pitch-invading he was going in completely the wrong direction!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal