collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We're in big big trouble  (Read 14290 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: We're in big big trouble
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 05:35:41 PM »
Where I thought we blew it was in not getting AY and Downing wide onto their fullbacks; the weak links in their defence.
We're not in big trouble, but the absence of goals is troubling.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »
We are not in trouble, but we are most definitely going through a period of transition, in which we may have to take a step back before moving forward again.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 05:46:48 PM »
They had more possesion, more shots on, more shots off. But we had the better chances, but same old not putting them away!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 05:53:37 PM »
I am not worried i mean we did'nt play that well by our standard's but i think GH will get it right.

Offline tonyh

• Location: Used to be row 24 seat 64, still is changed my mind
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 06:14:01 PM »
We are in big big big trouble (reading posts like yours) Get your commensense head on lad

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
This was always going to be a transitional season. Like the first of MONs reign.
We are not going to finish in the top 6 but how are we expected too when we've lost our best player (Milner) and our manager a few days before the start of the season?
We've got to take it on the chin me thinks. A season of mid-table and Houllier working out what he needs and what he doesn't need is going to take at least this season. We'll move in the right direction, but it can't happen overnight.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 06:31:57 PM »
This should be re-named the over reacting thread, Some of the comments made on the radio on the way home were completely OTT, Someone saying Houllier should go back to france, if it hadn't been an 0845 number I would have called in and called that franksy a twat with his anti Villa comments.

I don't think we were negative problem is their team is full of hard players,  such as G*rdner & Ferguson and Ireland & Ireland, Sidwell would have been bullied that's why he put Clarke in and he did well in my opinion. There should have been enough attacking with Young & Dowining but what actually happened is both midfields cancelled each other out. With the exception of the 5-1 the blues games have always been shit

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 06:36:07 PM »
We're not in big trouble.  Accept this season as a period of transition where we will take a step back which will allow us to stride forward in the future.

Rather than moan, I'm trying to take pleasure from the emergence of Albrighton, Clark and Bannan.  It's great that our youth system is paying off and hopefully their success will allow us to buy fewer but better players in the future.

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »
We're not in big trouble.  Accept this season as a period of transition where we will take a step back which will allow us to stride forward in the future.

Rather than moan, I'm trying to take pleasure from the emergence of Albrighton, Clark and Bannan.  It's great that our youth system is paying off and hopefully their success will allow us to buy fewer but better players in the future.

Good post.  I do however believe that Ash needs to be more productive.  I haven't seen him win a game for us yet a la Heskey.  I do think that a Gabby, Ireland, Ash combo will pay dividends next year.

Offline 5ft811st2 Durham

• Durham
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 07:02:58 PM »
Given that we're likely to have trouble scoring goals at least until January and  we are also short on class and options in central midfield  I think it is quite possible that we are going to have a very difficult season.

Offline finnegan

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 07:05:55 PM »
I think “cueller boo ya” has made some valid points, and whilst generally criticised on this web site reflects the views of the villa fans that I know and the comments I heard in the pub after the game. 4-5-1 with heskey up front; at home, against sub standard opposition, god help us.   The real bonus this season is the emergence of bannon, clark, and albrighton, whom I hope GH will maintain faith in. It is to the bosses credit that he is playing the young lads.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »
Downing is looking worse and worse with every game.  That bald thug they have at right back is probably their weak link yet Downing did nothing against him all game.   Again I find this worrying.

Is this the Downing that for most of the time I had a stream was playing on the right against their left back.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
What game were you watching? Cos it certainly wasn't the game that I saw. The filth's one and only tactic was to hoof it upfield to tht lanky useless bastard that they have.  I agree that Sidwell was shite  but Reo put a shift in. As did Ashley Young. OK Young had a stinker, his passing in particular was woeful and this stupid habit of his to try and beat everyone on the field drove me bananas but fuck me everyone has a stinker every now and then and the one thing I will say in his defence is that he did not give up and go hiding behind the opposition. How you can accuse him of not trying is beyond me.  Get a grip.

Offline TheBarneyArmy

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 08:26:08 PM »
Was poor for the first 70 mins today, only after this did we start to take the game to them. NRC put a shift in and had very little support from Sidwell who whilst doing quite a lot of running about, non of it was productive and of any use at all. It was only in the last few minutes that Ash decided to take people on, and look what happened when he did, nearly scoring.  Desparately missing Gabby at the mo, though if we had played with width this would have created more room in the centre of the pitch to play off Heskey.

Was also worried about how slow and unfit Dunne looked, though Cuellar did well against Burnley and should be partnering Collins. 

Offline The Adventurer

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »
Why can't people accept that we were shit.....simple as!!  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal