collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We're in big big trouble  (Read 14285 times)

Offline Cuellar Boo Ya

We're in big big trouble
« on: October 31, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »
Is it me or do some of our players not look interested in playing for the club?  Today it was evident that Ashley Young is not interested in staying with the club, and will walk away for very little money in the summer.   He was very average today, did no work off the ball and could have been the difference between the sides had he looked for the ball more and put a bit more effort in.   When he did have a go he hit the bar/post.

Reo Coker, and Sidwell are not good enough for a team like us, they're lower half of the table players who aren't capable of doing anything apart from putting the opposition off their game, I really don't want to see us turn into a spoiling team whose sole goal is stopping better players from playing.   Today we tried to win the midfield battle not by playing football but by stopping Hleb and Ferguson from playing; surely that is not the villa way and it isn't what I want to see.   Have we really sunk so low that we have to try and kick the noses off the park rather than out football them, it's worrying and a better side than the blose would have punished us for going in with those kind of tactics.

Downing is looking worse and worse with every game.  That bald thug they have at right back is probably their weak link yet Downing did nothing against him all game.   Again I find this worrying.

For the first 65 mins of the game today we were out thought and out footballed by a team we should be battering, it was only when young bannan came on and actually put his foot on the ball that we started to look like having a chance of doing anything.

We were lucky to get a point today and I feel we won't continue to be lucky like that for much longer, something has to change or we could be in risk of facing disaster this season.  What has really worried me today is not the result, but the way we went about the game, the style of play we tried.  I hate to say it but the blose tried to play football, we tried to spoil the game and hoof it.

Thoughts?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: We're in big big trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 03:55:30 PM »
I don't think we were lucky to get a point, we came the closest to scoring. However we were too negative and hopefully GH realises that. When we have Gabby, Petrov, Albrighton, Delph back we will be much better. Also once Houllier has been able to get some of his own players in, we will be much improved. On the one hand we are 3 points off the bottom 3, but I think we are only 3 off 5th. So not panic yet.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 03:56:20 PM »
You're over-reacting. We've got injuries and suspensions, a relatively new manager, and that was a local derby against the most disgusting bunch of swamp-dwellers you're ever likely to encounter. We won't be finishing in the top six, that's for sure, but big big trouble? No.

Online j66acd

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:56:57 PM »
Don't think we are in big trouble at all, we didn't have one of our best players of the season in Albrighton, we are missing Gabby badly, when he gets back teams will have to sit off and will not be able to put as much pressure on us because of his pace like the blues did today with Carr and ridgewell both pushing on. They definitely wouldn't be able to do that with Gabby playing.

Downing didn't have his best game today, but say he's getting worse with every game is rubbish. He changed the game on Wednesday when he come on and has looked dangerous in quite a few other games.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »
We got a draw against the blose - it is really not the end of the world.

Yes, we haven't won in 5, yes we're not scoring goals... but all that will come soon, it can't go on for much longer. However, I do think our defensive tactics against a team like Birmingham was silly.

Offline Sutton_Villa23

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 04:20:47 PM »
the bloke is doing the best with what we have got. GH isnt the only manager who doesnt appear to rate Delfouneso you know. We have a small squad decimated by poor form (ireland, carew, dunne, sidwell) and injuries (gabby, delph. petrov) add in a suspension (albrighton) and what you have is a pretty average side. His way out of this is to set us up not to lose games and hope to nick a goal - for all their bravado that they were better team today - blues look equally as anaemic up front and thats with their first X1.

Offline luke25

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »
The point about Ash not looking interested is utter nonsense, before the game he went upto everyone of our players geeing them up, he's been here long enough to know what these games mean and are all about, he had an average game indeed but looked as hungry as ever

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 04:23:17 PM »
I disagree that we're in big trouble.  We gave a Blues too much respect and our battling central midfield do not have the guile or composure against and team let alone in a hurly burly derby. 

We are (still) a central midfielder and striker away from top 4. 

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:25:02 PM by Rigadon »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 04:23:21 PM »
Drink some milk and go to bed.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »

I did'nt think that Bannan had that big an impact tbh.What it did show was that we should have had a footballer on , in the middle of the park from the start.Asley or Ireland should have played behind Heskey from the start, he was completely isolated, partic in the 1st half.Ash and Downing wre starved of any real quality service, not until the last minute did Ash get the ball in a 1 on 1 situation with Ridgewell.......not good enough.

Offline eastie

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »
It will take at least a year before GED gets the team as he wants it- there are several average players here that he will root out- I think ash will go as he seems to have had his head turned - I think 2 quality strikers and a creative midfielder are top priorities for us - yes gabby will improve the team but he is far from a prolific finisher himself.

There is a lot of work to be done here and we will need to be patient- however Ireland would have been a better bet than sidwell today and we were too negative without doubt.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 05:18:45 PM »
I must have watched a different game. Young looked well up for it. Didnt work out for him today but always tried to get on the ball...

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 05:27:21 PM »
Christ. Good job we didn't lose.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 05:29:22 PM »
I must have watched a different game. Young looked well up for it. Didnt work out for him today but always tried to get on the ball...
I thought when they had there best spell they noticed that Young wasnt covering the left back and attacked down there and Young diddnt do anything to get back and did too much every time, thought he was pretty shocking today. When he wanted to he looked lively and hit the post. That was it, diddnt get crosses in wasnt beating his man or when he did he turned and let him back in, totally frustrating!

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 05:31:09 PM »
There's a lot of over-reaction. We're without our best striker and, whatever we think of his ability, our team captain. We were left in the drink by MON.

I have faith that GH will get it right.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal