collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Your favourite derby moment?  (Read 13544 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Your favourite derby moment?
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2010, 08:19:13 AM »
The other end was chokka, it was pretty scary until they opened that third pen. I'd say half the people in the ground were in those two first pens for a time.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2010, 09:30:49 AM »
Sitting in the North Stand after Cahills wondergoal singing "We'll meet again..." at the Blues in the lower Doug Ellis. Priceless.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »
But what did you do at the time, shake your head sadly or give Dion a standing ovation?

Shook my head and fucked off to the pub. Was on the Holte with my nephew that night, it was after that incident that things started to get nasty. Horrible night.

Offline jimmygreen

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2010, 01:04:04 PM »
The other end was chokka, it was pretty scary until they opened that third pen. I'd say half the people in the ground were in those two first pens for a time.

We didn't even get in until about 30 mins in. Two/three turnstiles open at the Tilton and the crush against the wiggly barriers was a bloody mare. We heard our lot go bezerk when Bruno's first went in and then a subdued yey when they equalised. Piss running down the terrace at half time... It was still bloody tight with all the pens open. I think Thompson hit the bar just before his goal - just prepared us for the surge when he did score.

Offline tomhealy

• GM : 17.08.2019
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2010, 02:56:20 PM »
Favourite moment has to be Gary Cahill's wondergoal. Would have been a great goal by a striker but when everyone realised who it was that scored it was like "£&@£ing hell!"

Best match for me has to be the 5-1. Was on a family holiday in Vegas so my dad and I got up at stupid o'clock in the morning to sit in a bar surrounded by bluenoses. A surreal morning that was!

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2010, 03:05:17 PM »

We didn't even get in until about 30 mins in. Two/three turnstiles open at the Tilton and the crush against the wiggly barriers was a bloody mare. We heard our lot go bezerk when Bruno's first went in and then a subdued yey when they equalised. Piss running down the terrace at half time... It was still bloody tight with all the pens open. I think Thompson hit the bar just before his goal - just prepared us for the surge when he did score.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »
Favourite Derby Moment: Not Today.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2010, 05:33:58 PM »
Allo allo how do you do.
We are the boys in claret and blue,
We love to sing we love to fight,
We hate the twats in blue and white,
Will sing a song of victory,when Villa win division 3,
The city fans will never mock,
when they remember BRUCE RIOCH.

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2010, 12:53:11 AM »
My favourite bit was Dion Dublin's header that laid out Gobby Ravage

Bizarre as 1) that helped cost us the match and b) he never even connected properly.

Still, takes all sorts.

I think it's bizarre that you use '1' then 'b'

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2010, 12:58:11 AM »
If we're talking specific moments then get that photo of Olof pumping his fists in the air as he was subbed during the 5 - 1.

I was trying to post that on the previos page but couldn't so I gave up.

My favourite football photo I think.

It's my desktop background.

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2010, 01:05:08 AM »
My favourite was watching the 5-1 game in a pub in Bognor Regis that was the place to watch the games as they had a satellite connection from Albania I believe. So it was the only place to watch the game. Butlins was having an 80's weekend at the time so people we jumping in cabs and asking to see the game. I arrived just before opening and thinking that there were a lot of Villa fans in for the game but it was 50/50 with nearly 50 people. It was all pretty good natured stuff though as most of the group were mixed. I managed to get talking to a couple of Villa lads and one of them turned round and said that his mate's uncle used to be the manager of Musical Youth. My mate and I had tears rolling down our faces at possibly the worst namedrop in history. And of course the game was quite good.

To be honest, the Blues fans looked a lot bigger and rougher than us so it wasn't rammed down their throats.

Offline charlie659

• Brian Little walks on water - FACT
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 06:20:37 PM »

That was the day the 'Youth' finally started to turn the tables on the Zulu's after four years of being terrorised by them, apparently.

Offline peter w

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2010, 09:31:04 AM »
Favourite moment has to be Gary Cahill's wondergoal. Would have been a great goal by a striker but when everyone realised who it was that scored it was like "£&@£ing hell!"

I was in a bar in Lahore at the time! Ended up with a Rangers supporting mate being very pissed that day. And very happy. Great memeories.

Also the 2-1 win at their place. I was in Bangkok (Gullivers in Sukhumvit) and I was on a footie tour. Me and two otehrs were Villa fans and the rest of the team (about 10-15) all turned in in Blues shirts that they had acquired from the rip-off shops around the place. Very funny. Great atmosphere in the place and then Gabby scored at the death. Priceless. There were quite a few other Villa fans in there by the time he scored and we were dancing around the place. Again, much drinking had, and still was going to be, imbibed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal