collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: League Cup Quarter Final - away to Small Heath  (Read 159779 times)

Offline sheldon nose

Re: League Cup Quarter Final - away to Small Heath
« Reply #660 on: November 28, 2010, 01:40:17 AM »
He's alright. I think he's one of them that wishes he'd chose the Villa. I know one like that, he admitted it once when at a low ebb.
haha mate dont think so kid...just got in from fulham and froze my nuts off today.....just watchin the cricket now....what happened to you boys today?good or bad?

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #661 on: November 28, 2010, 01:57:21 AM »
The clue is in the scoreline.  It wasn't good.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #662 on: November 28, 2010, 01:58:30 AM »
He's alright. I think he's one of them that wishes he'd chose the Villa. I know one like that, he admitted it once when at a low ebb.
haha mate dont think so kid...just got in from fulham and froze my nuts off today.....just watchin the cricket now....what happened to you boys today?good or bad?
A bit of both, shit 1st half, better 2nd half. How about your lot?

Offline Newquay_AVFC

« Reply #663 on: November 28, 2010, 07:31:29 AM »
Collins is a doubt then, any chance Gabby will be fit?

Online ez

« Reply #664 on: November 28, 2010, 11:09:32 AM »
Are we the underdogs for this one? Can't remember the last time we were. Puts even more pressure on them if we are.

Offline sheldon nose

« Reply #665 on: November 28, 2010, 11:20:01 AM »
first half blues done ok i thought plus some good tackles flyin seemed well up for it....second half we was a bit under the cosh really......a 1pt is fair enough i reckon.....really dont know what helb offers us....aint happy with him.....

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #666 on: November 28, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »
I would like to see Villa put some flying tackles in,      other than Warnock ;-)

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #667 on: November 28, 2010, 07:59:40 PM »
This'll keep us warm on Wednesday....

Offline myf

« Reply #668 on: November 28, 2010, 08:23:08 PM »
first half blues done ok i thought plus some good tackles flyin seemed well up for it....second half we was a bit under the cosh really......a 1pt is fair enough i reckon.....really dont know what helb offers us....aint happy with him.....

Didn't he set up the goal?

Offline sheldon nose

« Reply #669 on: November 28, 2010, 08:33:13 PM »
he did set up our goal to be honest...but thats the only thing hes done since hes landed at blues....

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #670 on: November 28, 2010, 08:38:29 PM »
Does he play better on the wing or just behind Jerome? I gotta say I barely noticed Hleb was even playing at Villa Park a few weeks ago.

Offline sheldon nose

« Reply #671 on: November 28, 2010, 08:41:09 PM »
he trys to play behind jerome i think...hes not doing it for me im afraid....

Offline peter w

« Reply #672 on: November 29, 2010, 01:02:58 PM »
My missus worked in China for a month recently - Beijing - and the locals are still rather ambivalent towards English football. Of those that are the main clubs are the ones that you'd guess - Man u, Liverpool, Chelsea. oh, and guess which little club they'd heard of? Yep, Aston Villa. Guess which one they hadn't? Well, no point telling them.

As for the game itself - to reiterate for those that questioned it a few pages back - I want us to win. naturally. i really would prefer not to lose to them, but more because it will make them happier than ity will make us distraught. I'd rather they were always in the doldrums. But, there's no tension for me in the build up, there's no all or nothing about it, there's no bottom falling out of my world at the thought of losing.

i want to win, don't want them to, but if the worse happens then we've got a game on the following Saturday that's going to help me forget any defeat.
they would know where birmingham is mate without doubt......they would not have a clue that aston villa is a birmingham club though.......

wouldn't disagree with that necessarily. But we're not talking about cities. They wouldn't know where Everton are from either but that is not what we're talking about. They don't follow football (Prem) in China save the few who like football. You lot being owned by a Hong Kong businessman is not going to make a blind bit of difference. Unless you win things, are a prominent Prem League team, or have a history that people know about they won't care. To a degree we tick those boxes for a lot of Chinese football fans - not that they support us - just that they know who we are.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #673 on: November 29, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »
Still 300 tickets left.   

Offline K3Villa

« Reply #674 on: November 29, 2010, 03:12:29 PM »
Still 300 tickets left.   

That is piss poor.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal