collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov  (Read 17940 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Petrov
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »
If we are going to continue playing 1 up front and 5 in Midfield then I'd go with this.

Albrighton/ Reo-Coker / Ireland / A Young / Downing

Me too.

It remains to be seen if that would have enough defensive strength, but I think it's worth trying!

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »
If we are going to continue playing 1 up front and 5 in Midfield then I'd go with this.

Albrighton/ Reo-Coker / Ireland / A Young / Downing

Me too.

It remains to be seen if that would have enough defensive strength, but I think it's worth trying!
We don't have many choices though, do we? unless we bring Osbourne and/or Salifou in. I shudder just thinking about that.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2010, 12:10:20 PM »
I think it will be Sidwell coming in and one of Ireland or Albrighton on the bench.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2010, 01:09:07 PM »
Albrighton deserves to start, it's a toss up between Ireland and Sidwell, with the ginger one just shading it for me.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
Ireland, Reo-Coker, Albrighton, Young & Downing would leave us too exposed. Maybe Sidwell is slightly better defensively that Ireland. Therefore I can see Sidwell starting. I wonder if GH is planning on bringing another midfielder in during Jan or he could give Delph a run.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2010, 01:22:45 PM »
Sidwell did all right on Saturday. I'd put him in there, as we'll be up against clumpers like Ferguson and Bowyer, rather than quality ball players. Him and Coker (particularly with the form of the later) should be able to cope physically and give us a platform in attack.

If Gabby is genuinely out, then I’d go with Heskey up top with Young in behind him. I think young Albrighton will be perfect for the first hour, flying into the shite and giving that mug Ridgewell a nightmare.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2010, 01:30:33 PM »
I agree, Ads. Neither Albrighton and Ireland seem fit enough for the whole 90 mins, so I doubt they will both start. Sidwell and NRC surely.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »
Gabby wasn't involved yesterday at the training session at VP, however, he could have been at Bodymoor Heath getting fit. Hope he makes it, he gives us other options in attack that no-one else can. If Gabby isn't 100% then Heskey with A. Young behind seems to make sense. It worked well at Wolves.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »
After last night we  are really going to miss Petrov, not because he is soo good but because Sidwell is soo shit!

I'm worried for is until January.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »
Last night seemed to convey where I think the Petrov haters are wrong.

Without him we had Steve 'Empty Shirt' Sidwell and Reo Coker who is an excellent player at what he does but a mediocre player in other important areas such as passing. With Stan and NRC we have a player who compensates for another's lack of passing and technical ability alongside a player who compensates for the other's lack of energy.

I think with the improvement we have seen in Stan under Ghou's harder training regime and our lack of other decent options in the position that Stan's injury is a big loss. 

Offline whipsy

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2010, 04:13:22 PM »
Think this is a bit of a shame, Petrov has done well for us and is a solid, international captain, what he lacks in some areas he definitely makes up for with his experience and influence.

Am pleased that others will get the chance but he has been a good servant for us and surely has earned respect?

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2010, 05:53:32 PM »
Last night seemed to convey where I think the Petrov haters are wrong.

Without him we had Steve 'Empty Shirt' Sidwell and Reo Coker who is an excellent player at what he does but a mediocre player in other important areas such as passing. With Stan and NRC we have a player who compensates for another's lack of passing and technical ability alongside a player who compensates for the other's lack of energy.

I think with the improvement we have seen in Stan under Ghou's harder training regime and our lack of other decent options in the position that Stan's injury is a big loss. 

Yup.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2010, 04:39:33 PM »
Stan does NOT need surgery, but will be out for about 3 months.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal