collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov  (Read 17987 times)

Online Mr Diggles

Re: Petrov
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 08:39:25 AM »
Pity for the man. Yes he may be entering the later years of his career, and may be struggling with his role and the pace of the game, but noone wants to see a player injured.

Offline villa1

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »
I don't think he meant he's glad Petrov has an injury, more that he's glad we can put someone else in there now. Just a poor choice of words.

Although it's pretty obvious that's what he meant. Some people just can't wait to jump on others.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 10:41:34 AM »
On a Footie front I for one am glad he is injured

On a normal front I hope he is not in too much pain

But thank the lord he us injured cause when he went off we looked better

Being glad that a Villa player is injured is disgusting, You should be very ashamed.

I totally agree Clampy, this board is turning into a slating section. We should have a thread entitled Scapegoat of the month, We can slag all the players in one place then.

It could contain threads on Carew, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Petrov, Downing and I think Heskey is one more miss short of making a re-appearance

Offline CheeriOneill

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 11:28:57 AM »
Would not wish an injury on any player even if it forces a much needed team change - and this one didn't anyway!

Will be missed badly and I don't even rate him but its whats left in place that will cost us.

"On a Footie front" its not good.

Offline eastie

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »
Houllier just said on sky sports petrov will probably be out at least 2 months -and may need operation!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »

Being glad that a Villa player is injured is disgusting, You should be very ashamed.

I totally agree Clampy, this board is turning into a slating section. We should have a thread entitled Scapegoat of the month, We can slag all the players in one place then.

It could contain threads on Carew, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Petrov, Downing and I think Heskey is one more miss short of making a re-appearance

The more players you suggest are being "scapegoated", the less likely that is what is actually happening.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »
I don't think he meant he's glad Petrov has an injury, more that he's glad we can put someone else in there now. Just a poor choice of words.

Although it's pretty obvious that's what he meant. Some people just can't wait to jump on others.

I'm sure you're right, but typing 'i'm glad he's injured' and 'thank the lord he's injured' was'nt very wise. Maybe people should think before they post in future.

Offline villa1

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »
I agree, but think people are reading too much into his comment and using at as excuse to have a pop at someone.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2010, 01:41:43 PM »
Didn't Warnock do a job at Blackburn as a central DM? How succesful, I do not know.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »
Interesting to see if Ireland now plays deeper with NRC and Ash in the hole. Could work very well if it clicked together, and GH said Ireland looked lost at the weekend. Lets see. Maybe even Bannan could come in.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 01:47:07 PM »
Interesting to see if Ireland now plays deeper with NRC and Ash in the hole. Could work very well if it clicked together

I agree and it's something I've been wanting us to try.

However, in what is likely to be a fierce battle against the great unwashed, I'm not sure Sundat is the game to try it in!

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »
Houllier just said on sky sports petrov will probably be out at least 2 months -and may need operation!

Aston Villa captain Stiliyan Petrov faces two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.

The Bulgarian midfielder sustained the problem in the first half of Saturday's defeat at Sunderland and had to come off five minutes before half-time.

And boss Gerard Houllier has confirmed the injury is serious enough to keep the 31-year-old out for upto eight weeks, with a scan planned later this week to determine whether he needs surgery.

"We have lost Stiliyan Petrov for maybe two months," Houllier told Sky Sports News.

"We will know whether he needs an operation by the middle of the week.

"It's a shame because he was getting back to a good level."

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »

The more players you suggest are being "scapegoated", the less likely that is what is actually happening.

But those players mentioned have all had threads on them of late saying that they are not trying or are shit etc etc?

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 02:02:25 PM »
This is really bad news.  I am a big fan of Petrov and what he brings to the team.  I'll admit that his lastability in matches is questionable but no-one else in the squad seems to have his ability to make villa's game tick-over, keeping possession whilst protecting the back four.

For me, I think it might necessitate us going for a three man midfield of NRC, Ireland and Sidwell/Bannan/Downing, with Albrighton and Young opperating either side of gabby.  It should make us equally solid in the centre but marginally less capable in the attacking third.

Bad news.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:12:45 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 02:39:52 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal