collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will cuts affect you and Villa?  (Read 7823 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Will cuts affect you and Villa?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 11:18:14 AM »
Do Tranmere still play their games on a Friday night to avoid clashing with Liverpool & Everton?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 11:20:18 AM »
Do Tranmere still play their games on a Friday night to avoid clashing with Liverpool & Everton?

Not any more. Stockport used to do the same to avoid losing supporters to Man United and City.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 11:41:33 AM »
I earn less now, running my own business and all the money going back into it to keep the employees getting paid, than I have for about 15 years. I struggled a bit to find the money for my ST this year and almost certainly will next season, barring something extraordinary happening work-wise.

My Mrs works in the public sector and her job is under threat. If she loses it, then there's no chance whatsoever I'll have my ST next year.

Mind you, if she loses it, I'm going to have to take more money out of the business, which will mean losing at least one and possibly two employees here, so the fact I can't afford a season ticket will be the last of my worries.

Fingers crossed that your missus keeps her job. And you are able to keep all your staff employed too.

Offline peter w

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »
I'm sort of okay because I see us rarely - this season its been West Ham, Chelsea, will be Fulham away and hopefully Blackpool at home up until christmas. But there's no way I'd be able to afford going up and down the motorway at the moment. Me and the missus work in the public sector and don't know how or if we'll be affected. Well we will be affected but how badly.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 11:59:32 AM »
Put it this way, I'm bracing myself for the worst.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 12:44:54 PM »
We're lucky that we have the Chinese to buy everything we can dig up, what really pisses mo off though is banks over here recording record profits want to put their rates up. All this misery has been caused by dodgy lending practices and there are a few multi millionaires who made their money from the gullible.
Again it's the like of the ordinary bloke in the street that carries the can.Maybe  prem players and politicians will offer to give twenty percent back. Pigs and flying comes to mind.

Offline myf

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »
Back then I think it was around 1-2 quid to watch from the Holte - not sure how that would compare in today's prices, but as a guess, I'd say it would have been relatively cheaper to watch back then.

£1 in 1980 is worth £3.20 today. Ticket prices have massively outstripped inflation.

Not if you have a ST in lower north

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »
The recent economic climate has already affected me.  I can no longer afford to 'go down the Villa',  its a mixture of higher living costs and not having a pay rise. I am just happy to be in a job at the moment, never mind spending my cash on watching over paid players taking all the cash out of the game.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 01:15:48 PM »
Fingers crossed that your missus keeps her job. And you are able to keep all your staff employed too.

Cheers.

Incidentally, on a wider point, if i had to go to picking and choosing my games, I'd be at all the games against shit teams.

I've never understood why people who don't have STs and go a handful of times a season want to go to watch us play a team we'll almost certainly get nothing from. I'd much rather watch us twat some rubbish side.

Throw in the fact that these days tickets can be had for such fixtures for very little money, that'd be the way to go for me.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 02:56:31 AM »
Back then I think it was around 1-2 quid to watch from the Holte - not sure how that would compare in today's prices, but as a guess, I'd say it would have been relatively cheaper to watch back then.

£1 in 1980 is worth £3.20 today. Ticket prices have massively outstripped inflation.

Not if you have a ST in lower north

£350 divided by 19 equals £18.42

I'd say that is still a case of the price massively outstripping inflation.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »
I earn less now, running my own business and all the money going back into it to keep the employees getting paid, than I have for about 15 years. I struggled a bit to find the money for my ST this year and almost certainly will next season, barring something extraordinary happening work-wise.

My Mrs works in the public sector and her job is under threat. If she loses it, then there's no chance whatsoever I'll have my ST next year.

Mind you, if she loses it, I'm going to have to take more money out of the business, which will mean losing at least one and possibly two employees here, so the fact I can't afford a season ticket will be the last of my worries.

I've cut my pay year on year for 3 years  to keep people employed and throughout they've all had annual rises and my partners and I haven't. Its turning round a bit now and I even heard our FD use the 'dividend' word the other day.

Mind you if it came to staff or a season ticket I'd think a little bit.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 02:46:38 PM »
I won't renew next season, due to finance. This year was tight, next year will be more so.

My Mrs actually said to me, "If you don't get your season ticket, you could have sky" - I don't want sky, and I don't want to be part of the problem.

Football fans need to not buy sky tv - we've only ourselves to blame in that respect. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal