collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier's presence  (Read 35254 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Houllier's presence
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »
I'm gotta admit I've not really taken to Houllier yet (despite wanting to) interviews like this sadly hasn't helped convince me...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9097609.stm

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
The difference for me is we finally have coaches that know what they're doing. It's well documented on here I was no fan of Robertson and Walford, they appeared to be from another time but fortunately we have two ex-players in Gary Mac and Sid that really understand the basics of modern football. Houllier seems to be enjoying the job, which is no surprise as let's face it, any manager with half a brain could see what was wrong with us and what needed fixing.

MON never saw it and even if he had, he'd not the staff around him to change it.

Exactly Mark. We've arrived into the 21st Century of football.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »
I'm gotta admit I've not really taken to Houllier yet (despite wanting to) interviews like this sadly hasn't helped convince me...

He's asked a question and gives an answer.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 04:18:50 PM »
I don't get it. We got a draw at Spurs and beat chelsea at home last season. I guess I'm just not cultured enough to understand this better football craic.

Whereas we only managed a draw at Wolves last season.  Not like you to leave out the stats that don't suit your argument - oh hang on...

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »
My wife and I watched the MotD coverage of the game and we were both particularly impressed by Gérard Houllier's cheerful and thoughtful responses to the questions posed to him. He has a ready smile and, as a contrast to our previous manager, holds his head up when he speaks, and uses a foreign language better than many people use their own.

Online usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »
You know under mon it would have been cuellar, he does things you do not expect and I like it

Under MON Cuellar would have started the gamge - at right back.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 04:32:39 PM »
I don't get it. We got a draw at Spurs and beat chelsea at home last season. I guess I'm just not cultured enough to understand this better football craic.

It's always a shame when one half of a relationship can't accept that the other half has walked out and doesn't love them anymore.

I was talking about football and results, not your soap opera version of the club.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 04:34:03 PM »

It's always a shame when one half of a relationship can't accept that the other half has walked out and doesn't love them anymore.

I was talking about football and results, not your soap opera version of the club.

He's gone. He doesn't love you anymore. Perhaps he never did. Get over him - you'll feel a lot better for it.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 04:42:54 PM »
I liked Houlliers post match chat on MOTD, he looked like a bloke who was absolutley chuffed to be in a job he loves.
Full of enthusiasm.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 04:47:38 PM »

He's gone. He doesn't love you anymore. Perhaps he never did. Get over him - you'll feel a lot better for it.
There are 1 or 2 on here that still haven't achieved 'closure' over his departure.
It's a grieving process, I guess.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »

He's asked a question and gives an answer.

Yeah I know (and everyone has a history etc) but I just don't like to see the manager of Aston Villa getting misty eyed about Liverpool (as childish and illogical as that may be) it just doesn't sit very comfortably with me.

On the same topic I've just watched this interview and I think he calls Richard Dunne - Stephen Dunne. Are my ears deceiving me??? lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/9099295.stm

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010, 04:49:22 PM »

I don't have to get over anything Dave. My "relationship" with the manager and indeed anyone else who works at Villa is determined purely and simply by the nature of the job they're doing and the results they achieve. Thankfully, I don't have the same economic incentive that you have to make a soap opera out of everything connected to the club.

I'm aware that we've lost a good manager, I'm hoping Gerard will be an even better manager. What I don't understand is why people are rejoicing in our so-called "better football" on the back of two results that are worse than the corresponding fixtures last season. That's the type of stuff we take the piss out of the Baggies for.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »
I'm aware that we've lost a good manager, I'm hoping Gerard will be an even better manager. What I don't understand is why people are rejoicing in our so-called "better football" on the back of two results that are worse than the corresponding fixtures last season. That's the type of stuff we take the piss out of the Baggies for.

"Rejoicing" - somewhat over the top there.

You've said yourself that for you it is just the result that matters, not the style of football, so you're not really going to understand, are you?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »

I don't have to get over anything Dave. My "relationship" with the manager and indeed anyone else who works at Villa is determined purely and simply by the nature of the job they're doing and the results they achieve. Thankfully, I don't have the same economic incentive that you have to make a soap opera out of everything connected to the club.

Is this the point at which I reply then you stamp your foot and say how DARE I? 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal