collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Richard Dunne.  (Read 15681 times)

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Re: Richard Dunne.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 04:57:27 PM »
Cueller has to play instead now surely!

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 05:01:13 PM »
Cueller should start next week alongside Collins. Dunne isn't at the races this season.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 05:02:06 PM »
great tackle at the end, but unfortunately that doesn't really matter as his error cost us a point. He should be dropped.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 05:24:45 PM »
aside from the once in a season crazy error, Dunne was superb today. He looks back to his best and is our best defender. Collins was fine too. Cuellar might he hard done by but thats the way it goes sometimes. We are carrying a centre half too many.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »
aside from the once in a season crazy error, Dunne was superb today. He looks back to his best and is our best defender. Collins was fine too. Cuellar might he hard done by but thats the way it goes sometimes. We are carrying a centre half too many.

He was dodgy from what I saw. Looked very fat and very slow.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »
There were a few very iffy moments. Gave the ball away a few times in very dangerous positions (then again, I think most people did at some point) and his distribution seemed worse than ever at times.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »
Has to be dropped. Has to be. Nowhere near fit enough.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »

He was dodgy from what I saw. Looked very fat and very slow.

Cumbersome is the word.

Cueller a better bet against SHA.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »

Thing is even if that is the case, that crazy error is what cost us the game.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 05:47:58 PM »
I've said it a billion times before, and if I have to I'll say it a billion times again... Cuellar is better than Dunne and the Cuellar-Collins partnership works the best! Houiller has got to play Cuellar next week against the scum... plz.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »
Has to be dropped. Has to be. Nowhere near fit enough.

he seemed fit enough to chase darren bent down in the 92 min and dispossess him. His error was a bad one no doubt though I'm not sure what Collins was doing there either seemed to put Dunne off at the last second - but we had over an hour to come back from it. It didnt solely cost us the game - Heskey's diabolical miss was just as crucial perhaps even more so as we were totally on top at the time and could have gone on to win the game.

far more relevant points to pick out than - dunne is nowhere near fit enough. for example - warnock was hopeless again today and fitness wise has more problems than dunne I reckon. Dunne was shit early on in the season when in a disgraceful condition but is back to last seasons form now imo.

Offline Shrek

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
Warnock we are stuck with, there's no cover.

I'm lost as to how Cueller can be motm then be dropped for a player that has done nothing but make mistake after mistake inbetween the odd good tackle.

Record own goal scorer says it all.

He looks nothing like the player he was last year, Cueller has proved how good he is.
Gerrard has done right by team selections thus far, but this is one problem he must address.

We have played our best and got the best results when Dunne isn't there.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »
Cuellar was excellent against Wolves. His best game for the club and has been unlucky to be dropped. BUT it was Wolves. Collins and Dunne have been superb centre halves for Villa for an entire season, we conceded 39 goals last season the best under MON and possibly for a long time if I bothered doing the research. Cuellar has been a disappointment at this club to be honest, next to Laursen when he first came he struggled and Davies got in. Next to Davies or Knight he continued to struggle. I dont see how Cuellar is an improvement on Dunne on the ball. Neither of them are great with the ball. To be fair I think Dunne and Collins have earned the right to be our centre half pairing. It seems to be the way Houllier sees it too.

Offline Shrek

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 06:29:33 PM »
We played the entire of last season with Cueller in the team, it's no coincidence that without him we have been poor.

I say drop Dunne and play Cueller if it doesnt work then fair enough, but Cueller is a class centre half who has performed consistently when played in his correct desicion.

Offline Archie

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 06:35:40 PM »
I rate him an average player even when he's at his maximum, but the current   form of Richard Dunne is really awful.
How long will you take to you to send him on the bench Mr GH?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal