collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clark Vs Cuellar  (Read 13637 times)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: Clark Vs Cuellar
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 09:40:52 AM »
Ive said for a couple of years now that Clark would end up being the best centre half at the club. I think the current coaching staff might believe that too and its probably because Sid is part of the set up maybe.

However, I was very suprised when he took the field ahead of Cuellar but also pleasantly suprised because it was unexpected. I love seeing ballsy moves like that where youngsters are concerned. Its great to see.
The best thing about the current situation is we'll get to see and in some cases have seen a lot of the likes of Albrighton, Fonz, Clark and Bannan etc.

I think Cuellar can think himself unlucky not to have started against Spurs though and I have no doubts he'll play his part over the coming months.
I guess Malcolm picked the wrong day to give up sniffing glue.

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »
Clark looks like he could be as good as Cahill.

Hopefully he'll be better and be good enough to start regularly for us.

Offline Summers

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 11:32:01 AM »
I see a lot of people think Cuellar to be our best defender, and I agreed - until I saw just good Collins is. He'd be my first choice centre back if I was manager - probably with Cuellar. Collins is a brute, barely beaten in the air, covers every gap and throws himself at everything. He's becoming one of my favourite players.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 11:34:56 AM »
I see a lot of people think Cuellar to be our best defender, and I agreed - until I saw just good Collins is. He'd be my first choice centre back if I was manager - probably with Cuellar. Collins is a brute, barely beaten in the air, covers every gap and throws himself at everything. He's becoming one of my favourite players.

Couldn't agree more!

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »
Collins gives everything and is a lionheart and thus very likeable. In many ways, very similar to Laursen.
He lacks a bit of class and occasionally gets caught out but there aren't that many better in the league.
He's been a revelation since we signed him. I expected very little in truth.

Offline supertom

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »
Collins gives everything and is a lionheart and thus very likeable. In many ways, very similar to Laursen.
He lacks a bit of class and occasionally gets caught out but there aren't that many better in the league.
He's been a revelation since we signed him. I expected very little in truth.
This

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »
I think Carlos is potentially our best centre half and he's been unlucky that he's not really had a fair run in his proper position. We need to keep good players like him if we're going to get anywhere. Before we start going overboard with Clark, yes he looks a good prospect, but most of us said the same about Ridgwell.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 08:58:48 PM »
Actually, I always rated Cahill higher than Ridgewell and I rate Clark easily better than both.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal