collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa: Rooney signs new 5 year contract!  (Read 68215 times)

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
Re: 0% Villa: Rooney signs new 5 year contract!
« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »
In that article, Rooney looks just like this guy from SinCity

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »
Greedy ******.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2010, 12:06:58 PM »
I am sure there is more to this that we will ever know

The way that other managers were interviewed about the situation - Mourhinio just laughed and said "Rooney will stay at United"  a lot of them did even after shreks outpourings and it seemed there was no way back

maybe they all knew something more than us?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2010, 12:32:11 PM »
I am sure there is more to this that we will ever know

The way that other managers were interviewed about the situation - Mourhinio just laughed and said "Rooney will stay at United"  a lot of them did even after shreks outpourings and it seemed there was no way back

maybe they all knew something more than us?

Well they surely knew that his comments were scripted by somebody else and hardly recognizable as his own words or mode of expression.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »
Before the events of the last week, I had a fairly low opinion of Rooney based on his behaviour (no, not the private life bit, from a football point of view) and I have seen nothing to change my opinion.

I don't expect footballers to be paragons of virtue, but from what I can make out he appears to be a self-centered individual who abdicates any kind or responsibility for his behaviour. Similar traits that are present in many of the regular members of the England squad, that failed so badly in the last World Cup.

Now you can identify skill shortage, bad coaching and poor FA organisation as the key factors that hold the national side back in major competitions, and these are indeed a problem, but the biggest problem of all is roundly ignored.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2010, 12:51:42 PM »
I don't expect footballers to be paragons of virtue, but from what I can make out he appears to be a self-centered individual who abdicates any kind or responsibility for his behaviour. Similar traits that are present in many of the regular members of the England squad, that failed so badly in the last World Cup.

I think the issue is that from a young age they are treated like that.  If a club thinks they're going to be a top player they'll allow them to get away with murder and give them everything they want, which then only gets worse once they break into the 1st team.  So their formative years are spent without any responsibility and having their ego fed, is it any wonder they turn out as they do?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »

Offline Gazza1982

« Reply #307 on: November 24, 2010, 07:14:09 PM »
Rooney engineered a pay rise with his
'Im definately leaving' BS, low and behold everythings just fine with his already obscene wages doubled overnight.
You gotta hand it to him, he should be called Scrooge.

Offline pongos hat3

« Reply #308 on: December 02, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »
1. Rooney HAS signed for Real Madrid in January!.

2. The prostitute stuff etc was leaked by Man Utd as an intimidation tactic to make Rooney stay at the club. They threatened it before the world cup and it is why Rooney was dismal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal