collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa: Rooney signs new 5 year contract!  (Read 68203 times)

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
Re: 0% villa-Rooney to leave in January?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
I can't believe anyone at Man U, no matter how much they want the money, would be stupid enough to sell Rooney to Man City.

Ferguson would cut his own nose off to spite his face. And once he feels a player has got too big for his boots he is totally without sentiment.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 11:18:29 PM »
The only way he stays in England is if they are dumb enough to let his contract run out.  If he is off it's Real or Barca, no-one else... You can, and probably will hold me to that =P

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 11:22:37 PM »
I can't believe anyone at Man U, no matter how much they want the money, would be stupid enough to sell Rooney to Man City.

Also, I don't think even Rooney is capable of being stupid enough to actually go there.

Rooney is definitely stupid enough. After all, he's probably the most high profile player in the country, and yet keeps shagging hookers without seemingly thinking about the fact they will then sell their story and fuck up his life. Or learning from the fact that they do indeed, sell their stories.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 11:23:52 PM »

Ferguson would cut his own nose off to spite his face. And once he feels a player has got too big for his boots he is totally without sentiment.

True, but sell Rooney to Man City?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »

Given their money situation, if Citeh offer enough, will the choice actually be his to make?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »

i agree with you, Ferguson knows that the team is far important than a player, as soon as the focus of the squad evolves around a player that is becoming disruptive its time to say goodbye,Rooney is off the rails, he is playing crap and holding out on a new contract, he knows that he can sell now ie january and get the best price based on the law of diminishing returns,

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 11:34:43 PM »

think about it, if citeh were stupid enough to pay say £50mil and Rooney disrupts what semblence of team spirit they have built then job done, Ferguson couldnt find away to play Roonie and Tevez, i cant think that Mancini would not have worked this one out

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 11:37:54 PM »

Given their money situation, if Citeh offer enough, will the choice actually be his to make?

I would be surprised if the Glazers would antagonise the fans further.

As for Rooney making the decision. As mentioned previously, he can't even be loyal to his wife so money would be his only motive.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 08:22:39 AM »
They just mentioned it on MOTD2 as well. Who would buy him though, mancs will want a high price but Shrek hasn't exactly justified paying a high transfer fee over the past 6 months or so.
They'd still get £50m for him quite comfortably. There are a lot of crazy, rich people out there.

Barcelona, Madrid and Citeh spring to mind as possibilities to pay it, I can't think of who else would/could fork that out. I can't see Barcelona signing him, so that leaves Madrid and Citeh. Am I missing any other potential, and realistic, suitors for him? Chelsea as a potential outsider I suppose.

Can't see Barca as Messi and Villa are in a different league to him.

Offline eastie

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 08:25:52 AM »
I hear Rooney doesn't want to go abroad so therefore it's Chelsea or city. City have more money , he wouldn't have to change home and it would piss off sir alex more- in the end utd can't do fuck all about it as at the end of next season he could go to city for nothing, it's sell him this season for cash or lose him for nothing a yr later!

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 10:29:20 AM »
He will not go abroad - how could he his first language is not English so could he fuck as like learn another one

Just spoke to a typical United fan - i said i will laugh my cock off at their demise

They do not have the pulling power they once had
Even the media are starting to stick the knife in - great to see
Man City are the new darlings
Fergie will alienate himself from the fans and hopefully walk
They have no where near the financial clout they once had
The Glaziers will see the colour of someones money and there is not a  single player they would not hestitate to sell

COuld not happen to a nicer club - i for one will put the bunting out the day it all comes crumbling down

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
I think Fergie will dig his heels in as he's never sold a star player to a PL rival - remember Heinz going to Liverpool? 

My guess is Jose will take him to Madrid.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 10:44:53 AM »
For those who don't think he'll move to Citeh or Chelski -

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 11:00:23 AM »
I think Fergie will dig his heels in as he's never sold a star player to a PL rival - remember Heinz going to Liverpool? 

Err Tevez?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 11:04:51 AM »

Err Tevez?

He was only on loan with them so he couldn't stop him going as he wasn't their player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal