collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Chelsea Post-Match Thread  (Read 39190 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Chelsea Post-Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »
Only complaint from Saturday is we are still failing to deliver a decent ball in from corners. It really is time Ashley was removed from corner duty. We need to start taking advantage of set pieces, especially in games against the top teams, where chances are few and we're not creating too much up front.

I always find it ironic how people still talk about how dangerous we are from set pieces - Ancelotti did before the game - as I don't think we've looked that way for a fair while now.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »

Said before thew game that i fancied us, and that was assuming that Gabby or Heskey would be playing.

We are not far off a very good team.I personally think MON did a good job, but under Hou, the passing, and slowly but surely, the movement is much better than under MON.

When we get a more mobile foward playing, a la Gabby, then the clever balls of Ireland, and the ability of AYoung and Downing to pick a pass, will improve us dramatically.

NRC is competent at the moment, as is Petrov on sats performance, but to move up we need better than these 2.

Beye, for me is better than LYoung, and had a very solid game on sat, his pace puts him ahead of LYoung for me, but we probably need a better RB.

Overall, i thoiught Chelsk in the 2nd half looked a good team, with Cashley in partic playing very well, but we deserved the point, and had the better chances.

For me we are not far off a top 4 team.

Offline j66acd

« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »
I think Beye had a good game on Saturday, considering who he was up against but Luke young is by far a better player. Some much more composed on the ball than Beye, although young does dive in a bit would still have him as first choice right back with the others as cover.

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2010, 05:54:58 PM »
Was proud of the performance and felt we deserved the 3 points.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal